COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Settle down. I don’t post to one up anyone. Go with the flow.

In Japan, with another record-setting day on the books, Governor Koike has re-declared a state of emergency in Tokyo.

Beginning next week, business hours will be shortened to from 5 A.M. to 10 P.M., aimed at reducing nighttime activity at bars, restaurants, and clubs, where the surge in CV cases is thought to be coming from.

She further warned Tokyoites that if they don’t take it upon themselves to act responsibly to reduce the spread, stricter lock-down measures will be imminent.

1 Like
1 Like

not really related to anything, but still worth posting

1 Like

Herman Cain: There is no pandemic.
Pandemic: There is no Herman Cain.

29 Likes

https://twitter.com/thejuicemedia/status/1288989754210557960?s=09

20 Likes

I’m genuinely astonished he actually had it (as this would suggest)

4 Likes

That was pretty elite.

1 Like

It’s Batman

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/wespegden/status/1288612043726127111?s=21

https://twitter.com/wespegden/status/1288613229397078017?s=21

1 Like

Bit of an emotional roller coaster for me.

So my dad, after feeling fine for several days, has went rapidly downhill today, and is at the ER currently.

53 Likes

Assume you can’t go? All pulling for your family that he stabilizes quickly.

2 Likes

Basically what I’ve been saying about the leading edge of this second wave. Or whatever you want to call it - the wave where people weren’t caught completely unaware.

The big unknown is how much the case popuation creeps towards a more representative sample of the actual population. It makes sense that it won’t get to 100% of what a “caught unaware” population would be - as at least some people are taking this very seriously.

Best of luck to you and him.

1 Like

Oh no. It seems like a common story is that one day of feeling better, then it gets worse - with a lot of people of various severities of the infection. I hope your Dad gets better.

1 Like

The only the young thing was never really a thing. When the case density gets high it’s unavoidable. We don’t have separate bubbles for nursing homes. Those young people work in them. It’s inevitable.

Well supposedly the median age of cases in mid-July in FL was 38 or something.

Since Memorial Day the youngs have more or less been out doing anything their local govt will let them do, and the olds/at-risk have been largely isolating. So it stands to reason these current waves in FL/TX/AZ would skew young.

With most of these ideas I’m really just dead-reckoning a lot of stuff based on common sense, what people I know are doing, what I see around me, and what I hear people are doing from multiple forums. So it’s admittedly not like I’m scraping tons of data.

But btw dead reckoning/common sense/looking at what works had a few of us here big on masks way before the CDC or WHO. So I believe common sense extrapolated out to ideas does work.

Yea it sounds like a lot of people that go downhill do so in the 7-9 day mark, which is right where he’s at.

2 Likes

How old is your Dad? Any health conditions?

sorry man best wishes to your family if that helps any

1 Like