COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

To be clear, there are now no virus distancing restrictions in Wisconsin and there won’t be until the D Gov and the R legislative leaders reach an agreement. They are OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

Don’t show him this:

Judges going to kill us all.

Apologies if I’m misreading you. Things aren’t going up but they aren’t really going down either. That means:

We as a country have accepted having a known ~0.3% of our country contagious (and certainly >1%)

We have accepted 1,500 dead people a day. More than 1 per minute.

We have 4% of the world population but 28% of the covid deaths.

We have completely devalued our elders, our healthcare providers, our vulnerable, and our low wage food supply essential workers.

We have destroyed our scientific institutions and worse we have destroyed the public trust in them.

We have mistaken what freedom means and lost what community means. We have lost our humanity.

Edit -your point is about reinfection And seems likely correct, but I’m going to leave my rant cause it’s how I’m feeling right now.

16 Likes

That’s good, soon pretend food is the only kind we’ll have.

2 Likes

Go get an SNES classic. They are great and easily hackable to add any game from that era that you want (not just SNES games)

3 Likes

How dare they treat me like I’m Native American or Black or Muslim. Or female. Or a German soldier infiltrating the country with an absurd plot.

1 Like

An agreement that the Republican leaders want to be completely open and have already won in court just that? So basically Wisconsin is open for good?

That’s about the sum of it, yeah.

Let me elaborate on this. We are in a zero sum game, in which we compete over resources. The more resources we have the more we get to rig the game in our favor. A select few have already rigged it drastically, which increases scarcity for the rest of us.

Our survival long-term depends on our ability to accumulate resources. You don’t have to be a 1%er to accumulate enough to survive or even thrive, but it’ll just keep getting tougher from the bottom up.

This virus has not changed the game, it’s only changed the conditions under which we play it and made it more critical not to lose while increasing the risk of incurring a bad loss.

This game cannot be changed much, if it all before 2024 - and even then it’s very unlikely to be changed at all.

Play accordingly.

This is going to be the crux of your election and its going to be so, so bad. Republicans saying democrats don’t want you to leave your house, want the economy to die etc while the democrats spend $400 million on consulting to come up with a 30 second ad that sexualizes Fauci and calls Trump “dangerous donald.”

5 Likes

What percentage of Americans do you think are willing to carry the vulnerable people on their back for 1-2 years? I’ll take under 20%.

Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down stay at home order.

37.5% of the country would drive their own grand parents to a Covid camp* tomorrow if it meant they could barbecue and drink beer like a boss, And not be all curled up and hiding at home.

*covid camp would be a literal interment camp where people would go to wait to die from the virus.

4 Likes

I didn’t believe him at first but I looked it up and its true!

New poll should come out at the end of this week, looking forward to see how many people are over this shit and ready for their local cheesecake factory to restart production.

2 Likes

Thread on the Wisconsin shit:

https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/1260699850204725251

1 Like

At the heart of the lawsuit was a state law governing communicable diseases that says the Department of Health Services “may close schools and forbid public gatherings in schools, churches, and other places to control outbreaks and epidemics,” and gives it the power to “authorize and implement all emergency measures necessary to control communicable diseases.”

Respect the legislature blah blah blah

Keep in mind I asked what percentage of Americans would be cool carrying the weak, not how you felt yourself. We know you’re in the top 1% of people for like caring about others - most of us here are. I agree people would be okay carrying their family, but even then I think you’re talking like immediate family only. I had an uncle tell me during an Obamacare argument that he doesn’t care if I die for lack of healthcare, he shouldn’t have to pay extra taxes for it.

Also keep in mind that if you’re immune, who cares who is out there carrying it - you can’t catch it. That’s how most people would probably think about it.

1 Like