COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

What are the best sources for calculating excess deaths?

1 Like

or, for some context

1 Like

add 50%, adjust marginally for international factors

Whatā€™s your source for international excess deaths that allows you to compare US vs other countries?

and jalfreziā€™s link above as well

The link I posted does it.

From Jalfreziā€™s link

Best info I can find is that there are still a lot of false negatives 2 days after infection, this is coming from my sister I donā€™t have a source, so I scheduled a test Friday. But it takes 3-5 days to get results. There is rapid testing at my local hospital but it requires symptoms or exposure to a positive individual. I think my potential exposure is hopefully getting rapid tested there tomorrow and hopefully has his results by tomorrow or Thursday and then I can either cancel my appointment if heā€™s negative or get rapid tested if heā€™s positive.

2 Likes

This is post 93-something. 600 posts ago was two days ago.

1 Like

Kansas? No! Ar-Kansas!

https://twitter.com/HunterHoagland/status/1277648946337284097?s=20

1 Like

Dallas Co, TX new record for cases and deaths today with 601/20.

Including or excluding (or stats donā€™t say)?

I mean, you knowā€¦Iā€™m sure the masked woman had every right to be upset, but I donā€™t knowā€¦perhaps if you get that riled up about someone not social distancing, you shouldnā€™t dine in a restaurant right now. Curbside pickup might be a better option.

6 Likes

SC numbers today:
-New record high over 1700, a massive increase from previous high
-positive rate back at 19% after dropping from 20 to 15% yesterday (Means theyā€™ve scaled testing massively but are still way behind what we need)
-Hospitalizations flat, deaths flat

2 Likes

The fuck is going on there

Also I found out that my sister is basically in the same boat as I am. A co-worker was in a wedding, and the groom tested positive. The coworker had been at work a week knowing she was exposed, hadnā€™t gotten tested, and they didnā€™t even make her go home. Sheā€™s now gotten tested but hasnā€™t gotten results. My sister works at a hospital. We are all fucked.

2 Likes

You seem to be confusing introversion with depression. There are many introverts with excellent mental health, and there are many extroverts who are clinically depressed.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NicoleSGrigg/status/1276705287060086785?s=19

ā€œall lives are preciousā€

bet they would have phrased that differently a couple of years ago