COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

And she was further ahead at some points than Biden is now.

Idaho is another good example of what you said. They passed the 200 new case threshold early on in the pandemic and beat it back really well, but itā€™s right back to what it was then now with big growth over the last week. A big scary reminder for these graphs is theyā€™re a week behind and we know how bad last week was.

1 Like

I started with BASIC too and it turned me off programming for over a decade. So frustrating w/o any help.

I will say I think there were some false positives there. Asking people the day after the access hollywood tape had a lot of people lying imo. That was back when people still pretended to be outraged by Trump scandals, but we know now they were never jumping ship.

1 Like

They only reported 40,000 tests. Yesterday they did 70,000. So, yeah, theyā€™re just testing less. Their positivity rate is the same.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to figure out.

May be time for a career change but need to talk to my boss

Never fails to make me giggle.

from Imgflip Meme Generator

1 Like

Narrator: It did not seriously harm Trump.

This very particular Congress is a very good example of how to turn what could have been a $5-7 trillion problem into what will possibly be a $25 trillion problem. In a situation like this, itā€™s imperative Congress be proactive instead of reactive. Mitch is trying to ignore this is happening and Pelosi is so out of touch she keeps protecting and propping up the wrong classes of people. I donā€™t even know if itā€™s possible logistically, but I strongly felt mortgages and rents needed to be frozen by May 1 to get through this properly (I wanted to pause the economy to the extent it could be and pay people to stay at home). Instead, they went head long into ā€˜open it upā€™ to get that talk to stop. Well, something huge will now need to happen very soon.

Iā€™m not going to speculate about what the PUA replacement will be, but I think thereā€™s zero chance if cases again massively increase this week that there wonā€™t be much more coming than a single relief payment. If this Congress cuts off all additional money at the height of the pandemic there will be a true hell to pay. If they have no action before the third week of July begins, maybe by the middle of August weā€™ll really be living through Contagionā€™s outlandish ways life went.

lol at going to a gym during a pandemic

https://twitter.com/FresnoBee/status/1277637544696524804?s=20

2 Likes

I Agree that the current congress has no real idea how to efficiently solve the real issues with Covid-19. A lot of that is the same as their problems elsewhere. The corporations own 90% of them and so that will be the real priorityin each crisis while the rest of us get thrown scraps.

To the group but not the individual, if you define lethal as what happens once I get it.

Iā€™ve been waiting for the gym horror stories to trickle in.

But how many of those 205 come back positive is the real question.

They followed up on all 140 people that the two hairdressers in MO serviced and none tested positive.

This made me feel a little better about getting a haircut. Maybe they were past major shedding phase or something, but presumably they were cutting hair the whole time?

I think they already got their slush fund in the same round as the first PPP, so now the eye can be placed firmly on the regular people and struggling states. Thatā€™s why Mitch isnā€™t interested in dealing with this unless he absolutely has to.

1 Like

@suzzer. Some anecdotal info on the gym front

Yeah this was posted. See my post 2 above.

Damn missed those posts. My bad.

It could turn out that moving around a lot and being very careful what you touch makes gyms relatively safe, at least compared to bars.

Bang goes my Vitamin D wish-theory?