COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

lol yes that is me as well

If the actual number of cases is 10x confirmed cases, USA#1 is currently at ~8% prevalence and the positive predictive value of a typical antibody test is now 96%. So weā€™re good.

What is the most reliable antibody test (for positives) right now?

I noticed that, and didnā€™t find anything on their site about it. Do you have a link?

Do you have a source for that info by any chance? seems like a pretty good way to look at it.

I donā€™t for other countries. The UKā€™s statistical authority publishes them here, beyond the reach of the government or Iā€™m sure theyā€™d never see the light of day, and the last time I looked they were showing an excess of around 70,000 deaths compared to the governmentā€™s covid deaths figure of around 40,000.

It would be good to check the correlation between weighted population density and the observed SDI target, because then we could calculate an SDI target for any region based on its weighted density.

@nunnehi @goofyballer if you guys want to dump your data in the repo as CSV files or whatever, I can convert it into data structures that may be easier to automate. It sounds like goofyā€™s charts are automated, but nunnehiā€™s are mostly manual.

Or in the case of Native Americans - every race takes turns losing 90% of their populace to disease and genocide.

Could be this one.

They claim 100% sensitivity and 99.8% specificity. That would be a positive predictive value of 98% at 8% prevalence (guessing thatā€™s what it is in US atm). Details at link below.

https://diagnostics.roche.com/us/en/products/params/elecsys-anti-sars-cov-2.html

Eta there are tests from other manufacturers with comparable numbers.

The FT seem to have excess death figures for a number of countries.
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1275512266306265098?s=21

1 Like

My brain is not equipped to deal with these videos. Like even if you are a mask-hating truther or whatever, this behavior is pure insanity.

https://twitter.com/darollins/status/1276866934714388483?s=21

1 Like

FWIW, and I know Disney gets a lot of hate around here, but they did no open as soon as they could ( Universal opened last week), and now multiple insiders posting on disboards are indicating that they are going to announce a cancellation of their opening plans sometime next week.

1 Like

Like how can you seriously argue this person doesnā€™t belong in a mental illness facility?

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1275912010555932672?s=21

If you put all the 5G Bill Gates people in mental illness facilities they would collapse. We gotta flatten the curve by sending them all to Florida.

7 Likes

I think this is mostly just a function of the size of the US, its variable population density and whether the local area happens to be an international hub or not. For instance if NJ, NY, MA, CT and RI were independent countries they would have the top five highest death rates in the entire world (discounting San Marino, population 34k, which would come in 3rd).

It makes sense that the virus would spread further and quicker in smaller, denser nations/states, especially those centered around international hubs (a quarter of Sweden lives in and around Stockholm for example).

1 Like

Are your conclusions grounded by your mood? Seems like a leak.

Ty for doing this if you do.

If you can, also give plasma, which carries a small but usable payment for donations. Some places are offering $600 your first month if you fulfill all qualifying donations.

1 Like

For USA#1 itā€™s here:

Reminder that our entire timeline since 2000 is a lie. All thanks to this incredible design. image

ā€œ Although Bush spokesman Ari Fleischer said on November 9 that ā€œPalm Beach County is a Pat Buchanan stronghold and thatā€™s why Pat Buchanan received 3,407 votes thereā€,[47]Buchananā€™s Florida coordinator, Jim McConnell, responded by calling that ā€œnonsenseā€, and Jim Cunningham, chairman of the executive committee of Palm Beach Countyā€™s Reform Party, responded, ā€œI donā€™t think so. Not from where Iā€™m sitting and what Iā€™m looking at.ā€ Cunningham estimated the number of Buchanan supporters in Palm Beach County to be between 400 and 500. Asked how many votes he would guess Buchanan legitimately received in Palm Beach County, he said, ā€œI think 1,000 would be generous. Do I believe that these people inadvertently cast their votes for Pat Buchanan? Yes, I do. We have to believe that based on the vote totals elsewhere.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m planning to move to south Florida (PBC or Broward) in the next year or so. Iā€™m half torn between not wanting to be anywhere near these people and wanting my vote to actually matter.

Fox News and social media have completely broken people brains.

Did she imply that she can see through peopleā€™s masks?