COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Mama June 2024!

Itā€™s a given the average IQ of that crowd would be way below mean but the more interesting thing is EQ. Iā€™d guess the crowd would test bottom 10 percentile for EQ.

If German R is 1.79, I suspect most of US is north of 2.5 (excluding NY)ā€¦

Germanyā€™s R rate jumps to 1.79

The R rate, or reproduction rate, for Covid-19 has jumped to 1.79 in Germany, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for public health has said.

The rate, published in RKIā€™s daily situation report, compares with a value of 1.06 on Friday.

The R number is the number of people that one infected person will pass the virus on to, on average.

An R value of less than 1 is needed to gradually contain the disease.

But the RKI report points out that the value ā€œreacts sensitively to short-term changes in case numbers, such as those caused by individual outbreaksā€.

ā€œThis can lead to relatively large fluctuations, especially if the total number of new cases is small,ā€ it says.

Read more about the R rate here.

Apparently Trump is giving his speech on an outside stage while MAGA will be inside catching the Rona. Not enough LOLā€™s in the world.

Maybe thatā€™s his plan. Get everyone sick, create a massive outbreak, and suspend the election.

So all these idiots buying tickets are just going to get a feed of Trump on a jumbotron or whatever? Lol if so. Congrats, you spent money to watch TV and get covid.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing golf once a week for several weeks now. I wear a mask going into the clubhouse and keep my distance from people otherwise. Iā€™ve felt pretty safe. Iā€™ve only been walking the courses and last week I went out as a onesome and it was awesome.

Iā€™m taking my 8 year old daughter golfing today. Weā€™ll take a cart but Iā€™ll sanitize it before we go.

I think the risk from playing golf, even if youā€™re paired up with randoms, is pretty limited considering youā€™re outside, and itā€™s fairly easy to keep away from others.

1 Like

Jaanuu face masks do not provide antimicrobial, antibacterial, or antiviral protection to the wearer.

Exterior Fabric: Moisture-wicking, breathable, soft scrubs fabric treated with Silvadurā„¢ antimicrobial technology to prevent the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew that may cause unpleasant odors, discoloration, or deterioration of the fabric

ETA Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not a good cause or that they arenā€™t good masks.

1 Like

Heā€™s supposedly is speaking both inside and outside.

https://mobile.twitter.com/parscale/status/1274146685959143425

Holy fuck is that going to be a big outbreak. This is nuts.

The thing I canā€™t understand about Rogan listeners is how anyone has time to listen to a 2+ hour podcast about anything at all.

6 Likes

Golfing during this is awesome. The rounds Iā€™ve played have gone way faster thanks to everything besides the course is closed, new rules like not pulling the pin, and average players per group seemed lower. The disc golf course in San Diego is even better, it is the most heavily played disc golf course in the world (and one of the best) and you now actually have to book a tee time online and groups are limited to 4 people so no more groups of 8 people fucking around all over the course.

4 Likes

The jump is due to one major cluster (meat packing plant with 1000+cases) and several smaller clusters (people in high-rise buildings). So it is a) localized and easier to control than the outbreak in March/April and also most likely smaller than it looks in comparison to March/April, as everyone working/living Theresia being tested as opposed to only people with symptoms AND direct contact with someone who had been diagnosed earlier.

Still two of those clusters (including the major one) are around 100km away from where I live, so my level of concern is rising.

His listener base is basically the least successful person you personally know, times millions.

Try unemployment. Itā€™s like being in college again except no bullshit classes. Iā€™m having the time of my life. I feel like a trustfunder with these unemployment checks coming in.

By no bullshit classes I mean I get to read, exercise, and study languages all day. Itā€™s beyond great.

3 Likes

I mean, you basically break it up into smaller bites. I listen to a 5+ hour podcast fairly regularly and just spread it out throughout the week

I can listen to podcasts while I work so I blow through a lot of podcasts in a week when Iā€™m working. Not Rogan tho lol. Also, if you think those are long check out some History on Fire or Hardcore History casts.

Have you been on Cruise Critic lately? Itā€™s amazing how much in denial they are. NCL didnā€™t cancel their September Alaskan cruises despite there being no legal way for them to sail, and everyoneā€™s getting excited that THEY will be the ones to get to reenact the Diamond Princess.

1 Like

But how much are they self-weighting?

1 Like

Been out camping in Santa Fe National Forest for 3 days with no cell service. Looks like the nuclear meltdown many of us have been predicting is here. Crazy AF numbers.

6 Likes

Guess what those 6 staffers that tested positive were doing?

Handing out masks

2 Likes