COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Also I’m skimming/grunching but trying to parse what is being said is very hard. Just an overall impression.

2 Likes

I know this is LOL hilarious coming from me, the wordiest dude who ever posted on this site, but JT I’m still not sure what your point is and I read the majority of the posts in this thread tonight.

Like if you were trying to bury the point and assign homework and muddy the debate, mission accomplished. Every time I ask you for your point you assign me like 10,000 words of reading. (I didn’t actually count so I’m trying to be hyperbolic but who knows how many words are there.)

Has anyone made a point for this argument other than trying to draw conclusions about testing that are still hypothetical? Like even if you’re right, then what? What’s that supposed to mean or relate to in this discussion?

Or is it just the best night of the week to argue minutiae and there’s no broader point? Which is fine I guess I’d just like to know before I waste time.

2 Likes

Ah ok, well in that case I hope they close the gap between his weakest and strongest soon!

1 Like

Key point!

1 Like

Is anything meaningful being debated or is this pure pedantry?

2 Likes

Can you provide us with a more precise definition of pure?

1 Like

Aren’t we all. ;)

All the best for a speedy and full recovery!

1 Like

This did grow out of Churchill’s assertion that cases aren’t actually decreasing because reasons. I don’t see how the vaccination thing plays into that at all, and even JT says that it doesn’t, so I agree, I have no idea what point is being made here.

1 Like

100%

CN isn’t allowed to be the undisputed winner of an argument?

You’re simply lying at this point. I get that you’re mad churchill got banned but ffs

2 Likes

Me: citation needed

Too obvious at this point. This is clearly bad faith

1 Like
  1. Yes, there was data that indicated it was possible it reduced risk of infection. So I bought some in case, this was in Spring of 2020 way before we had vaccines or knew much about treatment. Then they did a better study and it didn’t have an impact.

2. I never made definitive claims about it.

3. Comparing this to ivermectin is ridiculous bullshit, since I just got some in case the studies confirmed that it helped, because everything was selling out. I never promoted it after the studies showed no impact.

Nice try though.

1 Like

I mean nicotine isn’t free, but it’s not like it was crazy expensive.

Some of y’all argue like the winner is the one who has the last word.

3 Likes

I think whoever gets the most sarcastic hearts wins, that’s why I never give them.

I think we should make a rule that anyone involved in a big argument here on Friday night should be required to take a shot after each post.

Last to pass out wins.

Who wants to start the RFC?

Yeah, well, what’s your excuse?

Maybe no one in this thread is communicating as clearly as they think they are.

I’m not convinced that either side is capable of concisely describing the opposing argument in a way that the other side would consider accurate.

1 Like

Capable or willing?