COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

I’ve seen nothing to convince me it’s one or the other.

This does not support the assertion. Once you have some data let me know

GrandpaSimpsonInAndOut.gif

11 Likes

I’m open to any sort of data. I won’t limit you from presenting anything. Again, null hypothesis. It will have to be actual some sort of measurement or modeling.

And to add on here. The original contention was:

Sure but I guess the stats are HEAVILY skewed as the vaxxed cases are more likely to be asymptomatic, less likely to test, let alone have PCR’s that may be recorded.

I guess I’m saying the vaxxed cases graph is bullshit but hospitalisations and deaths stand strong and that’s where it’s at.

Which still hasn’t been supported whatsoever and is way off what JT is now trying… all in an white knighting of this awful post.

But this still doesn’t matter to the point you are trying to support without evidence. It would only matter if the unvaccinated were more likely to take an at-home test than the vaccinated. Which… maybe? But then again maybe not?

i thought it was the delta wave jan 2021, no?

We don’t really know what was going to happen with the delta wave because it got interrupted by Omicron.

The “jello” is you trying to prove some hypothesis with no evidence because, as you admit, you “thought about it.” For every reason you can come up with why an unvaccinated case is more likely to test I can come up with a reason why a vaccinated case is more likely to test. But at least I’m admitting these are all guesses since I, like you, am not actually citing any evidence to support the hypothesis. This, of course, is the point that CN is making that you are failing to grasp. You don’t get to cite something as fact and ask others to disprove it.

Yes, BUT …

I a sane person that has a general understanding of what is going on will get a PCR at even the slightest inkling I need one. My brother in law who listens to Rogan just says “whatever we have all been having colds, everyone has it” and won’t take a test at all unless forced.

2 Likes

Wait a minute. Somebody thinks that unvaccinated are more likely to be tested than vaccinated?

While there are factors working in both directions, my experience is the opposite is more likely to be true.

1 Like

nvm, it’s all blurring together

Mother of God. Ok you want to do this stupidity?

1. Are vaccinated people more likely to take Covid seriously yes or no?
  2. Are vaccinated people more likely to be socially responsible and test, yes or no?
  3. Are vaccinated people more likely to fear Covid and therefore test if they experience any symptoms yes or no?
  4. Are vaccinated people more likely to be people of means who can miss work to go get tested yes or no?
  5. Are vaccinated people more likely to believe Covid exists and test for it if they get sick yes or no?
  6. Are vaccinated people more likley to get asymptomatically tested as a precaution before visiting family, or friends yes or no?
  7. Are vaccinated people more likely to get tested after a known exposure yes or no?

There is a reason why you need actual evidence before proudly proclaiming that you are right and someone else is wrong because you thought really hard about it.

1 Like

Nothing you have cited supports your hypothesis.

Overruled, your question is irrelevant.

I think I missed your edit. January 2021 was not delta. In the US that was Alpha (then called the UK variant).

In the Internet message board system, COVID-19 based trolling is considered especially heinous. In Unstuck City, the dedicated men and women who investigate these bullshit claims are members of an elite squad known as the anti-anti-vaccine unit. These are their stories.

11 Likes

You haven’t cited a single relevant datum that would serve to answer the question, “Right now, are vaccinated people less likely to get tested than unvaccinated people (all else being equal)?” You are trumpeting a quotation of a testing suggestion from before testing was abundant and from before vaccines ever existed. Things have changed since then, like abundant testing, and widespread vaccination. Also, it isn’t data about how often the vaccinated vs unvaccinated get tested.

2 Likes

Another important fact is that it’s possible to report an at-home test. I’ve taken 10-15 of them and all have been negative, so I haven’t bothered (but I’m supposed to technically - nobody does). If I tested positive, though, I’d report it. So it’s possible that the test positivity rate is being artificially pulled up, and that we aren’t actually missing as many cases as we think.

But that’s just what I’d do. Most people might not, it’s hard to say.

Also anecdotally the only people I know still voluntarily testing regularly for preventative purposes are COVID hawks or people obliging them.

People who aren’t vaxxed+boosted range from not getting tested cause it’s no big deal to actively resisting tests when symptomatic to try to keep case numbers down.

There are so many conflicting factors, I wouldn’t hazard a guess as to the net impact.

1 Like

The only actual datum that has been posted in service of answering the question of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people getting tested these days is our boy @Xiaolongbao, a fine vaccinated gentleman who got tested, TWICE, and hadn’t gotten infected. So, as long as we’re committing scientific malpractice in service of confirming our priors, I declare victory. Vaccinated people get tested 100% of the time they have any risk of exposure, and they are 100% protected from death, hospitalization, and even infection.

1 Like