COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Yes, they are lower than I believed too but I also understand a lot of people have underlyers.

I find him fairly balanced, mind you I’ve watched more than 3 of his 1,962 vids.

Anyway, this ain’t about the Dr. It’s about the ONS stats that some peeps are not liking the look of.

I know - just didn’t know if people outside the UK knew a FOI must be answered - and the actual question must be answered, not a version of the question that they wish to give a reply to.

So what happens after his third strike?

I fundamentally reject that a 30 year old diabetic who dies of acute COVID infection didnt die from just COVID.

3 Likes

Who was the politician in the presidential debates who coined the “I’m not saying your racist, but racist people think you’re racist” line? I’m butchering the quote so I couldn’t google it, but I swear it was one of the 2016 or 2020 presidential candidates and it was a really good burn at the time.

You are misinterpreting what CW meant. He meant third strike against the faux doctor. It would be really nice if you didn’t try to needle CW every chance you see.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is a really critical point that bears repeating. All these “comparisons” ignore all the people who didn’t survive that initial Covid infection which… is kind of a big thing to ignore.

1 Like

I know who he was talking about but I didn’t understand the meaning of a third strike in the context of someone posting youtubes.

Yeah, me too but the diabetes would be on his / her NHS record so it would make it on to a death certificate - so they wouldn’t make the purely covid list, as the somewhat leading FOI question asked, as they had an underlyer, whether they were 15yrs old or 75yrs old.

Correct. Which is the agenda of the request is obvious and of amplifying it as Dr. Campbell is doing is somewhat obvious (could just be using it for clickbait).

Disagree. Title was ‘FOI Revelations’, not ZOMG…

Must be tough finding studies for a new daily vid though

Good to see that some posters ITT (not you) think all covid deaths are ‘for covid’ - surely some must be ‘with covid’

His original title for his Japan video was “Miracle in Japan” so I dont think hes above it, but the clickbait alternative is that dollars to donuts the good doctor is gonna be blasting any mitigation strategies as we move forward.

I’ve not seen that one but suspect it’s based on a Japanese study he’s presenting.

Im not gonna beat this to death, so I’ll just leave it at I think he’s just reporting studies like our current Supreme Court is just calling balls and strikes.

FWIW the video reported on an invermectin miracle in Japan that kinda never happened and he later changed the video title.

1 Like

I guess there’s some logical consistency here:

People with both Covid and high blood pressure didn’t die from Covid, they died from high blood pressure! and

People with Covid who took ivermectin didn’t recover because they were going to recover anyway, they recovered because they took ivermectin!

Replace “took ivermectin” with “drank their own urine” and you get basically the same conclusion.

https://twitter.com/kallmemeg/status/1463493914816655361?lang=en

2 Likes

I think this actually is about Campbell, to some degree. Except for you, the people in this thread who are familiar with his work seem to see him as a dangerous source of misinformation. They feel that you regurgitating his points means that you are either gullible or similarly problematic. This gets reinforced because they seem to detect a pattern of you occasionally citing other problematic sources.

Even if you often include reputable sources in what you post, it’s like Joe Rogan mixing in the occasional alt-right figure among many guests who don’t have red flags. And we see where Rogan ended up.

7 Likes

Yeah, it actually looks like the same logical fallacy. It’s basically a variation of the classic “anecdotal evidence does not support a factual claim” fallacy that all former poker players should be familiar with.

Andrew Gillum said something like that to DeSantis in a gubernatorial debate.

1 Like

For me it actually is about the doctor. I am not making a statement on churchill, although I would suggest not amplifying this guys voice either here or (more importantly) elsewhere.