COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

It’s looking bad in the Czech Republic (well at least Prague).

Right now, we’re in the middle of our sharp upswing which started a week ago (before then it was a slow increase). One of the teachers tested positive for covid over the weekend and about half her class followed suit once she notified them. So they’ll be at home. There are two other teachers who tested positive this weekend and one who is taking care of her covid positive kid. So they’ll be out for a bit.

The school will be antigen-tested tomorrow morning. So I’m sure there will be more cases especially with teachers recently testing positive. Even though I’m boosted, I would be surprised to escape this omicron spike without testing positive for covid. It’s spreading crazy fast.

Anyway, employers are now required to test all of their employees twice per week using antigen tests. Schools used to do that but now it will be just once per week. Guess they don’t want to discover too many cases and force schools to go to distance learning. My part-time employer will accept my school test as of the one two. That way I don’t get tested three times per week.

I know this is a serious thread for serious people and I almost skimmed past this, but are you saying that your partner was pozzed and you weren’t, and pandemic be damned ya’ll just had to hump it up masked? Talk about a brag!

3 Likes

Guess naturally acquired immunity is legit

Tested negative and get to return to USA#1 from the Caribbean. Mixed feeling about having to leave paradise, but glad to have made it through unscathed!

7 Likes

I have a friend who went to St. Lucia with a lot of his extended family. His wife tested rona + and apparently had to stay completely isolated in some villa, like couldn’t even hug her daughters when they left (separately from her). I need to get more details but it sounded brutal, like going to jail in a great beachfront location.

1 Like

Yeah, lots of stories online of people pozzing here in Turks and having to quarantine (although not as serious restrictions as you describe re: contact with family. Actually, I doubt the government can even keep tabs of everyone quarantining right now).

It was definitely a bit of a stress. Finding a place to stay, expenses, and pet care at home would’ve been a hassle, but not impossible, so we took the risk and came. Needed the mental break.

We double masked on the flight down and KN95’d anytime indoors here (mainly just a couple brief stops in souvenir shops or the dog rescue place). Never ate inside - always in open air or brought food back to our hotel (which we’d often do pre-COVID too). But I can easily see how people in larger groups and eating in restaurants can easily pozz and have to quarantine.

2 Likes

This guy is backing up what I wax saying about longer post peak than pre peak

https://twitter.com/erlichya/status/1482847821397176325?t=1y8iZoMpCI4qTCqO5OQ5zw&s=19

Not clear how the CRON is going to behave

Anyone got a Good N95 online source with back of head bands (not ears)? Got some long flights coming up and down to just a few in my bag.

Where we have ordered in the past is gone. Thx

I got these from Amazon a couple of months ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YHD4XBR . They take a little fiddling, but work well, and are comfortable.

2 Likes

Funnily enough both France and the UK have rules that could stop Novak from playing at Roland Garros and Wimbledon and he is definitely not able to play the US open as it stands now that he confirmed he is not vaccinated. Way to give up your shot at leading in amount of grand slams won.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1482943215749808130

1 Like

lol after all that welcome BACK to the sanitize everything era

1 Like

Bullshit is my first reaction to this

6 Likes

Mine too but will probably start wiping everything again for now

1 Like

Unlikely anyone that was infected via handling the mail, although I buy that traces of 'rona could well be present.

2 Likes

I didn’t even read it. I thought it was some sort of Onion-like thing.

It can’t be too tight though right, Olympics are in a few weeks

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1482957860757778433

Even if it’s true that the CRON was on the package, pretty good chance that it got there from a Chinese mail handler.

3 Likes

For some reason Twitter doesn’t like it if you express a desire for the unvaccinated to die.

1 Like