COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

I’ve been repeatedly stabbed at CVS and had no issues, but I’ve only booked for myself.

1 Like

I want to get a real haircut, not one of these self jobs I’ve been doing for two and a half years. Shot in arm for over a week. Now or never?

I thought the consensus was 2 weeks to full protection but I don’t know if that’s based on evidence or just an educated guess. Maybe close enough!

Yeah, wait a week and you should be Gucci.

Honestly finding a barber willing to wear a good mask more important to your safety than timing vs. the latest booster.

Closer to vax after a couple weeks better than later on, but also seems reasonably likely we are seeing a spike in cases in the next couple of weeks so hard to make decisions on that sort of basis.

You can also get a haircut in a KN95 if you’re trying to still be careful. When they go to do the hair around the air, they’ll pull the loop off the ear and hold it somewhere that the mask doesn’t come off your face, at least that’s been my experience.

Or shift to using electric clippers to give yourself a buzz cut. I’ve been doing this for 15+ years.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Alternative title - “Let’s choose to not learn any lessons from the pandemic because that would be hard”.

1 Like

Never. Learning to cut my own hair and never again having to deal with the cost and hassle of getting a haircut is one of the net positives of the pandemic.

RE: vaccines and appointments, do y’all have local, non-chain pharmacies? That’s the play where I am.

I started doing this when I was 19 cause a girl said, “You’d look good bald.” I’m pushing 50 now and haven’t had hair since. So much cleaner and cooler, nevermind the time saved. Shower, go.

I’ve been procrastinating but finally have the booster and flu shot scheduled for Friday. Booked via CVS, not a very quick process but it was manageable.

1 Like

I did the self buzzcut thing in my high school and college years but now I have longer hair that I only trust one person to cut and that person is defintely not me.

2 Likes

I actually have long hair, and I can confirm it is a massive ass whip to wash.

Man, 4 days since the last post, pandemic is ovahhhh

Got booster and flu this morning ~10 hours ago. It was my first Pfizer after 3 Modernas. No symptoms yet other than a tiny bit of arm soreness, though I’ve got about 6-8 beers helping distract me.

3 Likes

As an update, I did get better very quickly and this was much milder than my cold a month ago. By Tuesday I was completely fine without meds and tested negative Thursday. I’ll chalk it up to the bivalent booster. My coworkers who weren’t recently boosted had it a bit worse.
One weird thing is my wife didn’t feel great on Monday with a sore throat and low fever, but never tested positive including on a PCR test Tuesday. She’s fine now. Maybe it was something else? Amazing that she and the kids, all recently bivalently boosted, didn’t get it.

1 Like

Got my oldest daughter, who’s now over 5, booked for a bivalent booster shot. Any word on bivalent boosters for under 5? I haven’t heard anything.