COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

IANAD but

Paxlovid is not recommended in pregnancy because little is known about its effects on the baby.

Do not take Paxlovid if you are pregnant. If you are contacted and offered the medicine, tell them that you are pregnant. They may be able to offer you other treatments that can be taken in pregnancy.

Isn’t there still a monoclonal antibody that works? During delta one of my coworkers pregnant daughters contracted covid and was put on a monoclonal which seemed to help a great deal.

Sample size: 7

Seems like there’s not a lot of research

Hmmm. My sister who is no healthcare expert but does work in ultrasound mentioned that every pregnant woman she’s scanned is on it. thanks for the link

:heart:
I was pregnant in Dec of 2020 and got it from a coworker. I felt fine sickness wise but I developed preeclampsia and so they made me deliver at 30 weeks because the meds for it are a respiratory depressant. Kiddo is doing great - lending support!

28 Likes

archer-sterling-archer

13 Likes

I mean technically effen did work for the same company… XD

2 Likes

The nhs is way too conservative and paxlovid seems perfectly fine in pregnant patients.

It’s a point of contention but MFM generally will give it. There’s no data to suggest it’s harmful either, and that’s true of a ton of drugs.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1557841864182620162?t=PsQ6XCuhd6wAKnNfmT9gmQ&s=19

5 Likes

I have one definition for this, and I am pretty sure that it is not the one you are using.

10 Likes

Ha, maternal-fetal-medicine. Basically OBGYNs who specialize further into high risk pregnancies

Effen, as in @Effen?

Yes. She followed me here.
No I don’t know why.
She thinks Mason Malmuth sounds like a variety of fish (true in a roundaboutway!)

11 Likes

Magnetic Force Microscopy?

1 Like

Heh, OK I have two definitions, but the last time I did magnetic force microscopy was 20 years ago.

We have any other couples on the site? I seem to recall at least one more.

Yep! Met him playing Mafia and decided to keep him XD

7 Likes

Oh shit, not only a couple but a POG couple.

2 Likes

Say what you want but 2005-2006 POG pretty much kept me alive

3 Likes