COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Just had my first bivalent shot. Hopefully that and last month’s flu shot will combine to keep the nasty bugs away over Christmas.

2 Likes

I got both last week and am super paranoid of catching anything. Between flu, Covid and RSV…I don’t want any part of it. On top of that there are albuterol shortages. (Medication used in nebulizers for breathing issues).

1 Like

https://medium.com/transgender-soapbox/an-er-doctor-describes-the-worst-way-to-die-10fc17faf18b?sk=9dadc676d75a5a6409a07f05e5626cc9

for pain, itch and nausea, eventually, even if relief isn’t possible, people curl up, they withdraw into themselves, and they shut down.

But with breathlessness, we stay awake. We fight until our very last gasp.

Xtra Magazine spoke with Abi, a Black disabled trans artist and burlesque performer, on the challenges they’re facing in the later stages of the pandemic. While many are returning to a state of normalcy, for Abi, the danger never ended.

“It’s especially complicated as a dark-skinned Black trans person,” Abi said.

If someone isn’t willing to wear a mask, that person may be unwilling to respect basic protections from the other kinds of violence queer people face.

1 Like

lol Daily Fail.

Nah I’ve seen that speculation from reputable sources. It isn’t like the booster doesn’t help, just might be closer to getting another OG booster than quite the infection preventing boost we would like to see with some of the newest variants.

Pretty comfortable with where vax/boosting is at turning acute COVID into a minor thing, long COVID the real question.

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

Their report says it should be noted that “foods and packaging considered as part of this study were artificially inoculated with Sars-Cov-2 and therefore are not a reflection of contamination levels found on these foods at retail, and lower levels of contamination will require less time to decline to undetectable levels.”

The amount of virus they applied was designed to simulate how much might land on food if someone who was infected coughed or sneezed near it, for example, because Covid is spread by respiratory droplets.

For most food products tested there was a “significant drop” in the levels of virus over the first 24 hours.

But in some cases traces survived for about a week, the University of Southampton team found.
They picked foods often sold loose at grocery, deli or bakery counters, such as apples, peppers, cheese, ham, olives, crusty bread and croissants.

The packaging tested included drink bottles, cartons and cans.

Not that scary (IMO) but formite transmission could be more of a thing - largely discounted here

1 Like

It links to the scientific study.

Lol proud non-readers.

you going to go to bat for kelhaus over forum drama bullshit? really?

I thought I was going to be lucky like you and your brother but I woke up feeling awful today and took an antigen test, the T line was dark as hell immediately. Ah well, it was a good run.

14 Likes

Just got my second Covid infection. Both picked up during X-mas related celebrations so I might skip those next year. So far a lot less symptoms than last time. No chills, no extremely sore throat and no muscle aches. Hope it stays that way.

8 Likes

I got covid twice too, both times in August. 2021 and 2022. Think I got it at work both times so maybe I’ll take August off work next year.

3 Likes

Well spent 3 hours trying to find any sort of pediatric antibiotic last night. Normal things!

China exiting zero COVID not going to be helpful in the near-term to medical supply chains.

Im not sure how these problems get better going forward. Really need to hope this is some outlier bad year because I have a hard time seeing even blue states returning to any sort of NPI in winter seasons going forward as part of living with COVID and its aftereffects.

Quad Pfizer team representing, now with two valents. No significant side effects, seems same as the other 3, even with a bonus covid infection mixed in 3+ months ago. Dripping with that science juice baby.

2 Likes

Biden tests back on the menu:

3 Likes

more free tests

2 Likes

FYI kiddos under 5 can get the bivalent shot now too

1 Like

Oh, that is great news!

Had an interesting experience today. Was in a pharmacy to pick up a couple of things and I walked past the cold medicine aisle. It was almost completely cleaned out. Nearly every single item. I don’t remember seeing that even during peak COVID.