COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

There was someone doing a study on this, basically people who’ve been exposed so many times but who never had any symptomatic illness. Don’t know if any results were published yet though.

I think I would qualify

Also everyone has flu right now too

I was under the impression that testing didn’t have much of a relationship with when to end isolation. I’m very unclear on when I’m allowed to re-enter society. Also unclear on if I want to re-enter society, but that’s a separate subject.

I found the calculator at this site helpful when I was trying to figure out how long to isolate

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html

2 Likes

Yeah, we were just talking about this this morning. She tested positive again, and we have no idea how we should be operating at this point.

But looking at econ’s link, it seems that she can start being around us again in 1-2 days? That’s a really helpful link, btw. Even if it might not be perfectly accurate, it’s nice to have an objective external source to say “this is what you should do” so that we bear less decision fatigue.

1 Like

Thanks. I get:

To me, that sounds like “you should probably totally isolate until June 2, 2022, but we don’t say that anymore because people need their Starbucks for society to function”. But maybe I’m a cynic.

1 Like

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: Parenting in the age of COVID

MIL is feeling better and O2 is up to 94.

15 Likes

Anyway, BA.4 and BA.5 now driving infections Euroside (little bit more infectious than BA.2, no immunity inferred from BA.1 or BA.2, death rate not gone up - BA.4 and BA.5 proving dominant over the other Omicrons (see Portugal and slowly the rest of the Eurozone) - VOC since about 3 weeks ago - should be a fun summer

Everyone loves a link…

Whilst Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 are in the early stages of growth in the UK, analysis of the available data suggests that they are likely to have a growth advantage over the currently-dominant Omicron BA.2 variant.

There can be several reasons for growth advantage, but in the case of BA.4 and BA.5, laboratory data suggests a degree of immune escape which is likely to contribute.

1 Like

No immunity inferred means?

BA.4/5 doesn’t care if you’ve had BA.1 or 2 i.e. reinfections are rife in those that had early Omicron - according to Portugal where it’s at 37% about a week ago… UK already seeing BA.4 or 5 outcompete BA.1 or 2, hence the VOC…but no more deadly than earlier Omicron

1 Like

Well it’s a virus. Do you have a citation showing literally no protection from recent infection or is this an exaggeration? You last linked source says “degree of immune escape”

Getting closer with substantial

Your citation makes it clear that your original assertion was wrong as I suspected. Thank you

that word you love so much… ‘dodge’… ‘avoid’

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/omicron-ba-4-ba-5-can-dodge-immunity-from-infection-covid-vax-study-122050100722_1.html

rut roh

‘can escape’… ‘extensive’

gimme a break, CN

This is not going to turn into a long back and forth when you keep on providing sources that contradict what you say.

Thanks

1 Like

Look who’s back for some more trolling!

Will CN fall for it? Clearly he will.

1 Like

Jeez tamest of responses from me there. Not sure what else I’m supposed to do. Are we to the point where we all just ignore everything churchill says when he wildly makes up shit? If so fair enough.

I’m genuinely not sure if it’s even worth correcting Chuch at this point; everyone by now presumably knows he’s peddling disinformation.

1 Like

I mean maybe but then victor is maybe sincere?

Prob not though tbf