COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Many other variables change in one country eg school holidays, changing rules re distancing and masks etc. England is newly fully open so I’d be surprised to see the drop resume.

I guess we’ll see. UK’s 7dma is currently the lowest it has been since December 21 per the nytimes tracker:

Ok? As less people get sick, less people get tested…. Has the positivity rate stayed the same or gone up? Because posting the testing data without the positivity rate is pretty lol.

We’re told no need for PCR after postive LFT, hence the case numbers, based off PCR only have dropped a little

OK Bud, you must have watched more of his vids than me.

He did. Sorry bud. That’s his schtick

1 Like

So the positivity rate is declining, the number of tests are declining, and the number of cases are declining, but maybe cases are actually increasing because reasons?

Did you miss the R0 graph? It’s the bottom right one

Sure didn’t. Did you actually read my post that you were responding to?:

What about your R0 graph contradicts my post in any way?

Officials tested each returning passenger three times in nearby Fiji, required that they be vaccinated, and put them in quarantine with additional testing when they arrived home.
It wasn’t enough.
More than half the passengers tested positive for the virus, which has now slipped out into the community and prompted the government to declare a state of disaster.

1 Like

Wow, somehow Mormonism was only the second worst thing they were trying to spread.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1487105396879679488?s=21

I opted not to pull that detail out because the flight had non missionaries and everyone aboard were actually Kiribati citizens.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a joke, imo.

2 Likes

Citation needed.

If it’s so obvious it should be easy to support

Lol. I mean, we can all play this game:

Are vaccinated people more likely to be socially responsible and therefore take a test? Yes.
Are vaccinated people more likely to believe covid exists and therefore take a test? Yes
Are vaccinated people more likely to fear covid and therefore take a test when symptomatic? Yes.

There’s a reason we don’t confirm things by thinking about them.

3 Likes

It’s perfectly fair to confirm things by thinking about them, the problem is that it’s not so straightforward here and there’s a lot of confounding variables.

Therefore, the person claiming something needs to cite something

1 Like

I mean, I think proposing a hypothesis by thinking about it is fine, but there’s a reason the scientific method has withstood the test of time.

It really depends heavily on what the “thing” is.

I don’t htink anyone’s disputing that testing and tracing are not good. Churchill’s claim that “testing and tracing are not good therefore vaxxed cases are being undercounted relative to unvaxxed cases” is what requires a citation.