COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I can’t speak for why other people go to church, but I believe that, for me personally, going is a guard against anomie and social alienation. Religion is one my links to humanity. I can tell that being in isolation and not having that link is affecting me.

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t know unless it gets posted here. But the fact is that being more careful does help the curve. Wearing masks does help the curve. We have literal proof that these things are true. See Korea.

What we don’t have any proof of is that somebody shopping for me is any safer for them, me, or anybody else.

1 Like

rofl I would have been locked in my room for life, if I had decided to stop going at that age (and since my school insisted on mass every day, been expelled). I still pretended to go when I was 18.

2 Likes

Eat shit.

But we will make more money if it only gives the illusion of speeding up the process

I’ve not been out in a week, maybe tomorrow maybe not…

I cant afford to have deliverys at all times, as I only have cash for around 2/3 months if this continues.

Shop is like 350 yards away, I go at night around 9pm when it’s fairly empty, quick dash in and out and wipe down, no-one here is really putting on masks in my area…

The old lady downstairs has had visitors everyday, her boys and grandchildren + her husband… And is going out over to her sisters, both in there 70’s drinking and all. :disappointed_relieved:

I feel this place of mine will explode soon, I’d be more surprised if it didn’t tbh… When that is? Who knows but it’s been too quiet you know.

2 Likes

UK PM moved out of intensive care

We have a new update on Boris Johnson’s health.

A spokesman for the UK prime minister said: “The prime minister has been moved this evening from intensive care back to the ward, where he will receive close monitoring during the early phase of his recovery.”

“He is in extremely good spirits”

1 Like

So he’s drinking again?

8 Likes

These days they have all types of new clubs where you can meet people and form links to humanity (sports clubs, cooking, dance classes, language exchanges, book clubs, etc. etc.)

2 Likes

@suzzer99

The Beach Reporter – Daily Breeze

As far as I know, only in Wuhan was food brought to people in lockdown. I’m pretty sure in other places that have dealt reasonably well with this by using masks and socially distancing as much as possible, delivery services didn’t cover all grocery shopping for those populations.

If you have evidence to the contrary I’ll consider it. Otherwise I’ll just drop this argument because it’s apparent that we are not going to find a common ground here.

DSA has mutual aid groups that are delivering masks to healthcare workers. I don’t have a link and this is done locally anyway.

Update on this. I called the ARCPoint labs in West LA - woman acted like I was crazy “sir we are a franchise, each is independently owned”. Ok yeah I should have known that when the ARCPoint main site touts covid anitbody testing and says “Find a Location”. Stupid me!

Tried the Monterey franchise since it’s mentioned in the article I posted. Infinite busy signals. And different kinds too. Like one normal busy. Then one ring and a different busy. Seems like they’re overloaded.

So I just tried the one in Irvine and apparently I’ve got an appt. for 9:30am Monday to get an antibody test. I think the results take a week or something. I don’t think I had it but I’m curious about the process, and if by some weird situation that 3-4 week cold everyone got in Nov-Jan was some other version of covid or something.

Ez. Just cut off your hands now. Oh and your nose if you touched that and …

1 Like

Coronavirus affects another US Navy ship

Another US aircraft carrier has seen an outbreak of the coronavirus. Although the number of cases on the USS Nimitz is small, it is a worrying signal for the US Navy.

The crew were starting to go on board this month with the idea of remaining there in quarantine ahead of their summer deployment to the Pacific.

Another aircraft carrier - the Theodore Roosevelt - has already had to dock in Guam after a significant outbreak with over 300 of the crew testing positive. The controversy surrounding the captain’s efforts to warn his superiors of the situation cost him his job and subsequently, the job of the acting US Navy secretary who fired him.

As we have already seen on cruise liners, it is impossible to stop the spread of the virus in the confined spaces of a ship, even a massive vessel like the Roosevelt, which, with its air wing, has a crew of over 5,500. The disruption is going to significantly impact the readiness of the US carrier fleet, which even in normal times is under huge operational pressure.

Ok, I cut off one hand, but now how do I do the other?

Tape down the safety button on your circular saw.

Those just don’t have the same sort of timelessness that links me to the past and the future. Religion is also part of my cultural identity. It’s also part of my political identity.

The only tool I own is a lathe, but I think I can make it work.

2 Likes

Gotta get some help

2 Likes