COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I know I can’t get away with saying no alcohol (and, really, I’d be more like two-drink max than an absolute ban), but I see this as an additional reason for not including bars in the first phase of reopening.

I guess that explains why centrist little me doesn’t like alcohol. It falls into two categories: most are terrible, a few you can choke down if you want to get hammered.

Yeah some of my former colleagues still in South Korea were pissed about this.

I expect a bunch of this to happen as countries open up.

Still want to know how bathrooms will work in any of these reduced capacity places.

1 Like

?

1 Like

They’re going to use grades instead of entrance exams.

She didn’t say anything about the shooting and I’m not dumb enough to ask.

Well the dictator said that drinking vodka kills covid19. So Belarus should be just fine.

One person at a time.

More than 30% of deaths in Russia are alcohol related! What!!! Estonia is #2 at 21%.

Bars and clubs should be the absolute last thing to open imo - along with conventions, indoor sporting events and concerts. And lol cruise ships of course.

2 Likes

So much this.

Anything happens to brown people - sorry rules are rules, get over it.

White people can’t do every single thing they want to do at all times - MY RIGHTS! OPPRESSION! MANAGER!

1 Like

1/4 of the Estonian population is Russian

Just to add to the other replies, here is the repo where John Hopkins University uploads its daily numbers for both US and global data (CSVs): https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19/tree/master/csse_covid_19_data/csse_covid_19_time_series

I did my own little spreadsheet to track week-to-week changes per country today :smiley:

2 Likes

This should end well.

Chiefsplanet: 50k people die a year from the flu and car accidents. Get some perspective people.

Also Chiefsplanet:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1259244691221962752

LOL

The amount of people that don’t understand their nose connects to their lungs is astounding. Like even if I had never before seen a face mask or been told how to wear one, I’m very certain I’d intuitively be able to figure out that it needs to cover you mouth and nose to be effective.

2 Likes

I expect we will be signing some of these to eat in a restaurant.

That’s actually what I thought it was before I read it.

1 Like