COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

It was rhetorical.

I know, I feel bad. itā€™s just the timing of it with her staying here. I wanted to give it time to see, and each day there are moments Iā€™m like, ā€œMaybeā€¦ā€ but ultimately I go to bed each night feeling like I know what I have to do, and trying to figure out the least mean time to do it. We had groceries coming today so doing it before that seemed bad, now theyā€™re here and can be split up if needed.

Maybe tomorrow.

There are also moments that I think make it really clear, so I have to focus on those and just do it. Itā€™s going to suck - the pandemic really made a mess of the situation. But, it is what it is.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Now do one for 12-18 months of dry spell.

Hang in there dude. Sounds like you know itā€™s for the best. If you get desperately lonely in eight months and reconsider, she appears to be quite into you. Gotta think sheā€™d be willing to clog your toilet anytime.

1 Like

Yes, I went through something very similar recently, including the splitting of the groceries. I left a nice strip steak in her freezer among other things.

But worst of all, Iā€™m now realizing, is the timing in the midst of this pandemic. Itā€™s now impossible to resume dating aside from Zoom dating. No bars, restaurants opened. Even the fn library is closed. For once Iā€™m starting to envy the married among us. They are positioned far better to, ahem, ride out this pandemic.

I did miss her for the first week or 2. When you are accustomed to having someone there with you most of the time and then theyā€™re not, itā€™s tough. And this social distancing makes it more difficult to get on with life.

Best of luck to you.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve driven all over Wales and it was what I imagine much of New Zealand is like.

Note: I havenā€™t been to New Zealand

1 Like

tenor

18 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha.

Source: am married.

3 Likes

I imagine any couple that wasnā€™t already living together or at least close to it was doomed going into the quarantine. Either you end up moving in too early or you straight up donā€™t see each other for several months straight.

Iā€™m very lucky to have already been living with someone. I think Iā€™d go nuts if I was quarantined alone.

1 Like

Know your audience

I have independently confirmed this by being quarantined alone.

4 Likes

Yup. I was just starting to get back into dating myself.

Once coronavirus hit, I just gave up.

Iā€™ve been single for around 4 years and have had no interest in hooking up because of a combination of factors (focusing on work, bonding with my daughter, generally being happy with my own space) until I met a really cool single woman at a party in late February and we immediately hit it off. She lives 70 miles away so it was only ever going to be an occasional thing, at least initially, but we met up for a night out in early March and it went really well.

High five coronavirus. Greatest cockblocker since my brother in law.

15 Likes

Do the rules in the US prevent you from visiting a romantic partner? The state of Victoria here briefly tried to prohibit that, and like four hours later were like UM, IN LIGHT OF COMMUNITY CONSULTATION AND HAVING CONSIDERED ALL THE FACTORS yeah you get to have sex, we donā€™t want a goddamn riot on our hands.

Iā€™m in the position of a reasonably new relationship, itā€™s been interesting because not having even intended to get into a relationship before meeting her, itā€™s definitely accelerated things because when Iā€™ve seen another living human face to face over the last however many weeks itā€™s been her 95% of the time.

1 Like

Yeah, for me living together and marriage are pretty much the same thing. I had my doubts about this one from the very beginning, so we never moved in together, maintaining our own homes. Iā€™m a firm believer in maintaining separate places unless you in fact tie the knot.

As an aside, I was wondering if consistent libertarians refuse to get married because itā€™s enforced by the state. Iā€™m not a libertarian but the state enforcement thing is what always bothered me. Imean libertarians wouldnā€™t want to join in voluntary union at the end of a shotgun barrel, unless it was the irate father- in- law to be, would they?

Are there any living libertarians on this site? If not, can we recruit some? Or one. They amuse me. Perhaps we can draw straws and shortest straw will become designated libertarian for a week and they get to post all sorts of nonsensical stuff.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you went through that. Is Zoom dating actually a thing people are doing? Ugh.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. It was like, welp, letā€™s give this a try, I guess? I was making out ok alone for the first 5 weeks or so, but that was light work compared to whatā€™s ahead.

All you lonely people have my sympathies, but for us introverts this whole worldwide plague thing has some notable upsides.

12 Likes

Heck no. We donā€™t even have rules about not storming the statehouse with your loaded assault rifles.

12 Likes