COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I don’t know if there’s really a feasible alternative. FDA approval to certify a 3rd party to make the drug would probably take several months at least. And everyone who’s ever synthesized the molecule or produced the IV drug works at Gilead. The government should offer whatever support/coercion available to get Gilead to make the drug but I think it has to be Gilead that makes it.

I’m frantically refreshing all my local pages. It’s gonna be unreal.

lol yep

Daytona International still has to hustle to sell out despite a nearly half-billion $ remodel a couple years ago in which they removed nearly 50k seats. Covid just finished it off is all; it was already on a ventilator.

1 Like

Without any spectators around to die when a car flies into the crowd, it’s just not worth watching.

9 Likes

nice, that’s nice

https://mobile.twitter.com/Independent/status/1255534813152448517

1 Like

Poor Maude

Nice flyover for Captain Tom, 100yrs old today and raised £30m for NHS Covid walking round the garden with a zimmer!

RAF Hurricane and Spitfire over Lincolnshire, UK

1 Like

So the girl I’m dating handled our Instacart order, which was a mistake. The guy is shorting us on everything on the list. She wanted six cans of chickpeas, we get one. She ordered 32 oz of steak, we get 16. These are on things they’re not out of. On stuff they’re out of, he’s sending passive-aggressive photos of empty shelves that say, “Would you like to replace it with anything else from this picture?”

You may wonder why I said it was a mistake to let her handle the order? Because we’re getting exactly what we deserve. She entered in a tip of $17 on a $370 order.

I will be handling the next grocery order, and it’ll be an order for one.

4 Likes

She’s now Trumpifying the number ($20) and fees ($60 - not even close), and dropped this one.

“I don’t know, I can’t imagine that that many people in Philadelphia are tipping that well anyway.”

Sometimes people make it really clear for you what needs to happen.

What’s worse, the toilet clogging incident or that she fucked up the grocery order?

4 Likes

My brother got a patio built and has been sending me pictures of his new sun catching back garden… I’m about to disown him, bastard. :relieved:

1 Like

:triumph:

The toilet was by far a worse experience to deal with, but this one reflects way worse on her character.

If it makes you feel any better my wife routinely uses way too much toilet paper and clogs the toilet all the time. I knew this before I married her so I can’t say anything about it.

3 Likes

Yeah the tipping thing is kind of a huge red flag. My wife is generally always trying to get me to tip bigger, and I’m already a very generous tipper. This is not a bad thing IMO. (She’s ridiculous, she probably would have tipped 100-150 on your order where I would have been at 60-100.)

Yeah thats pretty shitty. Do you live with her and is she quarantining as well? Could you have gotten sick from her?

Clogging up the toilet is one thing, trying to fix it with more flushing is another.

1 Like

You dumped your girlfriend?

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I just can’t go there. But I’m thinking it.

1 Like