COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I snapped on Mama and Papa Tilted last night. Dad has diabetes and has been going to the grocery store 2-3 times a week. Mom told me she has been going to Lowe’s often because she is bored and needs flowers. Both 63 years old. I said some harsh words out of love, but pretty sure it’s pointless. Boomers gonna Boomer.

11 Likes

Ugh why do I read these things.

I know when an adult gets hospitalized with COVID-19 people aren’t allowed to visit. How does it work with kids? Was this woman able to see her son just because she was a doctor at the hospital, or if your kid is admitted do they let you stay with them?

1 Like

Same… Had to remind my mum how we used to argue over me putting on a coat or jacket going out and now I get to shout at her for not wearing a mask, told her yesterday that I’ll go off me head if I find out there not wearing Masks when out…

There not wearing Masks going out, I can tell with how they react when I ask. :cry:

2 Likes

Minors can have a guardian with them at my hospital.

3 Likes

Get his wife addicted to coke and dealing drugs for him ftw

In Czech-related news, I just found out that a mapping app has created a function that allows you to find out if you have come into contact with somebody who tested positive for covid19.

https://news.expats.cz/health-medical/seznams-mapy-cz-app-has-coronavirus-tracking-feature-but-not-everyone-is-impressed/

It’s not perfectly reliable but it can give you a head start on getting treatment before symptoms get that bad. You can also socially distance yourself while asymptomatic and prevent others from getting it.

It’s not the be all end all of programs but it looks like it could help.

I guess the Jerk Store was all out of I’m a Flaming Asshole masks?

1 Like

Guarantee Ike voted for that guy

“I was not aware of the hurtful connotations of the mask. I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended.”

2 Likes

“Ah ain’t racist, I’m just takin those safety purcautions. Jeez, libruls, y’all wanted me to wear a mask! Why’s those there mooslim masks ok but this one ain’t? That’s racist if y’all ask me!”

New York State update from Cuomo press conference

Daily confirmed COVID hospital and nursing home deaths since peak
April 8: 799
April 9: 777
April 10: 783
April 11: 758
April 12: 671
April 13: 778
April 14: 758
April 15: 606
April 16: 630
April 17: 540
April 18: 507
April 19: 478
April 20: 481
April 21: 474
April 22: 438
April 23: 422
April 24: 437
April 25: 367

4 Likes

Send them stuff like this:

Cuomo talking Rt

Amazing how his briefings day in and day out are so much more informative than the WH task force

4 Likes

That’s a very low bar.

There are thousands of Twitter accounts and several threads on this site (including the COVID-19 meme thread) that clear that hurdle easily.

4 Likes

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tom-cotton-ban-chinese-students-from-learning-science-so-they-cant-steal-coronavirus-vaccine/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1254454462451679234

1 Like

Thanks for the shoutout - just finished up (for now) my treatment at Stanford.

I haven’t been posting much because there are several people here posting are much more educated about the Covid stuff. My opinion about what’s going on is no more educated on the topic than an average person (more or less) and so chiming in seemed useless - and TBH the daily drip drip drip is wearing me down. I am curious to see what’s going to happen the next couple of weeks in Ga. Mich. etc. Our governor is doing a pretty good job so far for us, I think.

MM MD

28 Likes

I just did. Her response: “There’s so much conflicting information out there…” sigh.

I rode my mom pretty hard, w/o getting too graphic about how awful it would be for her to die alone on a ventilatior, and thought she was getting it. Then she calls me from Microcenter where her and my stepdad are shopping for a computer.

So for the next level, I kind of did with my Mom what I used to do with the teen in my life - tell a story that illustrates the point I want to get across, but w/o her being the main character in the story, so it’s not a direct confrontation kind of thing.

Later on when the context wasn’t me getting on her for Microcenter, I talked about how some people just weren’t getting it (her: I know, I know) and I don’t think some can really grasp how awful it will be to die alone in a hospital, in pain, on a ventilator, and have to say goodbye to your loved ones over facetime, at least until it happens to someone they know (she got quiet at this). But thankfully you get it, Mom, and no more Microcenter, right? Oh yes, I’ll be very safe. Don’t worry about me.

Narrator: well, you tried

At least my Dad is sufficiently terrified about this and I only have to worry about one parent.

5 Likes

I mean, this would be true if we didnt have the capability to spread it person to person.

2 Likes