COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

How can you not love Italians? One would have to be a sociopath imo.

What I don’t get is how they have deaths peaking nearly the same time as hospitalizations or cases (which we know are fraught with inconsistency). Shouldn’t there be a 2-3 week lag?

There does seem to be a lag: total cases started slowing down a few days ago, but deaths still show no sign of slowing.

Untitled2

Untitled3

I don’t understand everything they are doing, but they did make a long post about the most recent changes here:

Italy cases continue to fall to 3599, but deaths spike back up to 636. Possibly once again bitten by the (earmuffs trolly) light Sunday death effect.

Wife’s main law firm client is moving to net 60. At least she is till doing work for them for now.

Plus our accountant forgot and submitted our $4000 refund to go against 2020 estimated taxes instead of our bank account. (Normally this what we want).

I just sent BMW a request to miss lease payments or even just turn the car in. Just got it 6 months ago but hard to justify 400/mo for something I can no longer afford and can’t even drive.

PA unemployment for gig workers says to still wait to file until they get further guidance from the feds.

But I still think the right thing to do is keep people at home for another 30 days and only relax when there is a good testing system in place.

1 Like

MA is the same. Nobody has any idea how any of the CARES funding is supposed to get out into the world, but DJIA :arrow_heading_up: because rational markets.

UPDATE: CARES Act-related unemployment benefits for the self-employed and others are currently UNAVAILABLE through UI Online as DUA awaits federal guidance.
https://www.mass.gov/alerts/cares-act-unemployment

I suppose I’m just trolling Warren haters by posting this:

1 Like

On the PA site it says DO NOT APPLY YET.

I really like our accountant but they’re not getting paid until we get our refund since they forgot to make the change we requested. They are endeavoring to get it changed to a refund.

The great unknown is how many cases/deaths will actually be counted in Florida and Texas, in particular. Those curves will impact the national curve more than NY. Right now NY is starting to possibly flatten… FL is going to get really bad soon and TX is barely testing as far as I know.

Yeah I wanted to ask about this like a week ago. Seems super optimistic. I understand we in the middle of nowhere and or sparsely populated but I’m taking the over. Hopefully not!

Texas has tested 70,000 people

Watch out or the Whatabouttery forum police will get you.

2 Likes

Supercut of noted lolbertarian quack Dr. Drew Pissky repeatedly downplaying the “hoax” going back to early February. It’s a FB link because OF COURSE this fucking piece of shit has had it pulled from YouTube. I hope someone sues the piece of shit out of existence.

Context: NY is doing like 15-20K tests a day now, and Texas has a bigger population. Even if they’re a couple weeks behind on the curve, which they should be, they should be doing 70K tests a week to be on par with NY…

And par here is on the short bus of the western world.

1 Like

Fuck I guess FB links don’t work on here, just search for “dr drew supercut” it’s out there

Perhaps.

However, in this particular case, that criticism would be invalid.

The original point being made was a comparison of number of China cases/deaths vs US cases/deaths. So, with respect to that comparison, what I wrote is directly relevant. The lying is a huge confounder.

I was agreeing that you have a valid point, but the WP might not see things the same way.

I know.

I was just saying that WP have no leg to stand on this time. However, a lot of the time they do.

New York is doing 20k tests a day because they have a third of all US cases. They have twenty times more cases than Texas and a positive per test rate of more than four times higher (9.6% of TX tests are positive compared to 40.3% in NY). Texas has about the same testing per capita and positive per test rate as CA, so if Texas is barely testing then so is CA.