COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

In my relevant contracts the homeowner did want to proceed, but was cool if I didn’t. Also, plenty of distancing. The companies/general contractors, not so much. The projects continuing as soon as possible and while I can keep plenty of distancing, it will be harder for people who work together as crews regularly.

On one side of the soundness of fish tank chemicals being effective 22 centrists, keep and Trump trade advisor Peter Navarro. On the other side me and Dr. Fauci

I found the issue. Neither heads nor tails are on the menu.

1 Like
2 Likes

Well, they’re into me for at least 500K or so, so the Insurance company can’t be too happy about me. Of course, if we hadn’t had insurance we’d be in a much worse place. And it’s hard enough trying to get well if you had to add a huge layer of bureaucracy on top of the process. I’d be lost easily enough already, although I’m less off mentally, since my radiation is over.

MM MD

10 Likes

I cant get my head around how a country with over 1 billion people has so far fewer cases than the US and is already going back to normal when they didnt acknowledge the virus during the first few weeks.

They’re lying about how many cases they had and how many people died

1 Like

Agreed it is hard. I will say instacart let’s you specify if you allow substitutions with each item and give notes on what you want. Plus the shopper can text you while shopping to clarify or tell you what they have,

All shoppers are not created equal though. I have had some shoppers take photos of the shelf and send them to me to see what was there, and others just replace with stuff tangentially related or the worst are the super lazy shoppers who just run through the store and can’t find anything so don’t get anything. (The later happened during normal shopping conditions where the failed to get half the items, got replacements for nothing and was clear they didn’t even try)

I would say about 20% have been excellent, another 20% good, 40% okay and 20% bad.

2 Likes

Two separate servers I work with are now reposting snarky videos on their facebook pages making fun of people wearing gloves?!?!? We’re the worst offenders on earth come on. I must have forgot all the times I watched these people over the last 6 years bus a single plate off a table and then head to the kitchen to wash their hands before dropping off a drink, and then back to the kitchen to wash their hands before running some food. People are so delusional they fancy themselves to have doctors working in an operating room level of cleanliness apparently.

I thought I was losing my mind on the hydro fish tank cleaner, I have deplorables and keed insisting it is well tested and proven yet I read a massive amount about Covid 19 and have seen nothing supporting that take. In fact I have posted information about a drug I didn’t even hear about until yesterday that has more testing done then this fish tank cleaner.

I am much more comfortable on the side of Dr. Fauci than Peter Navarro. No wonder trump refused to let Fauci answer the question about the medicine yesterday.

This is a really good deal.

I’ve also had crummy experiences with insta cart back before all of this, crummy enough to stop using them. Luckily the local place offers curbside pickup that they control, which is almost as good.

If Amazon workers went on strike, the police, the national guard, and private security would be locking them in the warehouses at gunpoint and most people’s reaction would be…? I mean like after living a week or so without their Amazon deliveries.

2 Likes

Gloves aren’t any better than bare hands unless you’re washing your gloves or replacing them after each of those activities. And I’m pretty disgusted by all the people following that procedure with their gloves and just throwing them on the ground in parking lots.

Talking about doctors - have you noticed how many pairs of gloves a doctor or nurse goes through?

1 Like

China’s numbers haven’t moved in like a week, they’re completely full of shit.

1 Like

Several states are showing less deaths/day over the weekend. Highly suspect that is due to timing of weekend reporting and potentially also intentional under reporting (looking at you Florida Georgia Line). They are both about 9 days behind NY with poor mitigation for probably 2 weeks longer than NY. With density correction I think they may peak higher than NY?

Yeah I have had some interactions today with a couple of people who simply don’t get and are not taking any of this seriously.

a lie, of course. I said it’s being tested all over the world. And of course it is. There are a bunch of studies being done and we’ll probably know how effective it is in the next few months.

Reno update - per my group, still not getting overwhelmed with patients, but a steady drip of + dx daily - testing is STILL a mess, so it’s hard to get a grip on how good or bad things are. Did a grocery/med run - no TP, papertowels or eggs, but otherwise everything seemed to be stocked up, and shoppers were for the most part distancing.

So we’ll see.

MM MD

6 Likes