COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

“look ma’am that’s really more of a 4.5g system, true 5g hasn’t really been deployed in this part of the country yet”

1 Like

“the media”

“During a two-week span between March 23 and April 6, Fox hosts and guests promoted hydroxychloroquine nearly 300 times.”

6 Likes

Guns don’t kill people, lunatics brainwashed by social media kill people.

Also the cops. The cops kill people.

5 Likes

I’m also talking about CNN and MSNBC and all the rest amplifying and attacking Trump’s original comments, which were slightly dumb and hyperbolic but mostly fine hopefully-this-works cheerleading. The bigger they made it the bigger Trump made it and it escalated in an ever-dumber spiral.

Cheerleading an unproven drug is not “mostly fine.”

4 Likes

Here’s what Trump said

Now, a drug called chloroquine — and some people would add to it “hydroxy-.” Hydroxychloroquine. So chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine. Now, this is a common malaria drug. It is also a drug used for strong arthritis. If somebody has pretty serious arthritis, also uses this in a somewhat different form. But it is known as a malaria drug, and it’s been around for a long time and it’s very powerful. But the nice part is, it’s been around for a long time, so we know that if it — if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody.

When you go with a brand-new drug, you don’t know that that’s going to happen. You have to see and you have to go — long test. But this has been used in different forms — very powerful drug — in different forms. And it’s shown very encouraging — very, very encouraging early results. And we’re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately. And that’s where the FDA has been so great. They — they’ve gone through the approval process; it’s been approved. And they did it — they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we’re going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states.

I think it’s fine that the FDA took the action they did and it’s fine that Trump announced that action. He shouldn’t have said that the early results were very, very encouraging but whatever.

When I think of “here’s what Trump said,” what comes to mind is:

a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.

and

There’s never been anything even close to it.

Also lol “strong arthritis”

A sitting president touting an untested drug that literally killed more than it helped is a major problem. But I’m sure there were fine people on both sides.

5 Likes

Just the normal Tuesday bump. My guess is nursing home administrators and maybe some county administrators don’t work on weekends, and so they have to fill out 2-3 days’ of paperwork for a few deaths on Monday, when they are used to doing like 1 every 2 weeks. Repeat over hundreds of nursing homes in multiple states, and you get a bump on Tuesdays.

Sigh

The self own is strong today.

I’m ashamed of something I missed in this thread.
No not that

When I posted the fart link I should have noted that it gives a whole new meaning to Silent But Deadly.

6 Likes

John Oliver talked about it too. Stanford said they had nothing to do with it and they guy claiming he was a Stanford advisor was not a Stanford advisor. Also was a three patient study where one died. They just ignored the dead person and got 100%.

I finally opput Keed back on 4 month probation and I am still inflicted with Keed AIDS.

3 Likes

Did chloroquine have an in vitro study? I don’t remember seeing that. Just a couple random case reports.

2 Likes

“What do you have to lose?” Donald Trump asked rhetorically at a press briefing on Saturday. “Take it. I really think they should take it. But it’s their choice. And it’s their doctor’s choice or the doctors in the hospital. But hydroxychloroquine. Try it, if you’d like.”

“I’m not a doctor. But I have common sense. The FDA feels good about it. As you know, they’ve approved it, they gave it a rapid approval, and the reason [is] because it’s been out there for a long time, and they know the side effects and they also know the potential.”

Just the President Of The United States touting an untested drug as a potential miracle cure and suggesting that it’s already been approved. Seems fine. Whatever!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/muellershewrote/status/1250490018595868672?s=21

Government runs test on military members without informed consent. Now where have we heard that?

1 Like

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-020-0282-0

The first patient trials were run under compassionate care standards and were poorly controlled. (France). Some of us here pointed that out at the time.

1 Like

look at the post I was replying to