Hey, COVID-19: No, we can’t dance together

1 Like

SARS-CoV-2 - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do

1 Like

SARS-COV-2: Electric Superflu (2)

13 Likes

Yeah, I’m leaning that way.

1 Like

Covid-19: all non-essential business is closed… capitalism is essential.

2 Likes

Change it to (3) and you have my vote.

3 Likes

I mean what the Fox lady doctor says isn’t objectionable? It’s like objectively true, people can’t stay in the ICU on a ventilator forever, being on the ventilator carries substantial risk and the longer you stay on it the worse it gets. Right UP doctor people?

But then it doesn’t rhyme.

2.2?

Yeah, maybe. Still think we should just accept a new and inferior title, but it doesn’t matter that much.

Coronavirus Thread 33 and 1/3rd

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/johnismay/status/1246829498710007808?s=19

Everyone can rest easy

On Sunday, April 5, according to the couple, they were given an hour’s notice by the embassy, communicating via WhatsApp, to pack their bags. After saying their goodbyes and thank-yous, they were taken by speedboat to another five-star resort, where South Africans in the Maldives, about two dozen in all, are being consolidated.The South African government told them it would subsidize a large portion of the cost of their stay.

Multiple threads can all have the same title. It’s not like crossing the streams or whatever. The software is capable.

We don’t know what changes this will bring or how long they’ll last. But we are and will remain social beings. Even before distancing is relaxed, people will find ways to be together and help each other. There are examples in this thread. This is coming from someone usually alone, who doesn’t find the idea of dying alone any more frightening than having someone I care about watch.

I think a change that will come is that health care workers will be more respected and more people will want to do those jobs. Like with what happened with first responders after 9-11. (I’d never even heard the term first responder before then.) The health care system will change too, though I’m not so optimistic for the dramatic changes we need.

SARS-Covfefe-2: nr 1 on Facebook!

Given the amount of time we will be locked down new habits will have been formed.

People will not likely just bounce back to old ways, right away.

2 Likes

I would demand they wash the Royal balls.

1 Like

I think we should leave the title alone. It is what it is.

Have there been any decent studies modeling the true infection rate in different countries?