COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Same. Bought one as soon as we started discussing them on here:

I see you laid out the extra dollar to get non-blushing pink. Baller

25 Likes

Holy fucking shit

1 Like

She’s got some guns.

Maybe if the migration of 22 doesn’t work out, Mason can open a new forum called 6 + 7 + 5 = 19

31 Likes

Also, she’s probably got some guns.

6 Likes

@bestof

2 Likes

Nobody in Puerto Rico has received US bailout cheque’

The mayor of San Juan, the largest city in Puerto Rico, says not a single person on the US island territory has yet received their $1,200 stimulus cheque from the US federal government.

Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz told MSNBC on Saturday: “No-one in Puerto Rico has received their $1,200 coronavirus stimulus cheques from the federal government. We’re having problems with a local $500 cheque that the governor said was going to be distributed.”

She added that there was a backlog of around 130,000 unemployment applications.

Earlier this week, the island’s treasury secretary said around 486,000 Puerto Ricans should expect to receive an email this weekend informing them that they are eligible to receive the federal bailout money.

1 Like

I was really hoping that was real, but alas:

whynotboth.jpg

1 Like

Saw Django Unchained last night for the first time. Can’t see that mask without thinking of this:

2 Likes

Wow. The brain Swiss cheese required to make that sign is really amazing.

I bet they could solve the word search and find “hick” in “chicken” lickety split.

1 Like

I got mine March 10 also

Sadly, it’s photoshopped. But if it were real, that makes the “GET A BRAIN! MORANS” guy look like a fucking Rhodes Scholar.

(My fast pony was also photoshopped.)

March 15th :grin:

Still debating getting an oxygen concentrator…

CPAP machines are where it is at.

They may be better than ventilators for this disease but they spread the virus so can’t be used in hospitals, but at home it may be better than going to hospital.

That may be how we get through this in the end; everyone gets a home cpap machine that they can use instead of going to the hospital.

Won’t help those who get clots or other covid issues, but for lung issues it may be what works best. Cpap in a recliner or in a prone position.

2 Likes

Since we are speculating, I wonder if cpap plus moderate oxygen enrichment (23% is the safety level??) might do a lot of good.

Hyperbaric chambers?

Glad to hear you’re doing ok! Was my assumption fairly accurate? (That it’s a lot easier for a nurse or non-specialized doctor to administer the same quality of care with HFNCs than with a vent.)

Seems pretty significant if that’s something that’s not only more effective but also easier to do. UP has speculated at times that one of the problems is that even if there are enough vents to go around, there aren’t enough respiratory docs to be adjusting the settings optimally as often as needed.

Maybe you want to ask @Will1530? He actually works long hours so he kind of skims this thread.

1 Like