Coronavirus (COVID-19)

But can it get severe without something?

Wow. Coming from the guy who likes to post here how his estimate of the mortality rate is way higher than medical professionals, that’s rich, as if you have a clue what you’re talking about anyway.

This thread would be so much better if you and jman kept to your own Let’s Panic thread.

3 Likes

It is not clear to me what the LabCorp assay is, but,

1. What is the test methodology for 2019 Novel Coronavirus
    (COVID-19), NAA?
    A: This is a qualitative test using PCR technology that was developed internally by LabCorp and is being made available in accordance with guidance issued by the FDA issued on February 29, 2020. The LabCorp assay is a multi-target PCR that provides definitive reporting for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 and does not require confirmatory testing by CDC. Per the FDA guidance, LabCorp will confirm a small number of samples with an alternate, authorized assay, such as the CDC SARS-CoV-2 EUA assay.
  1. How long will it take LabCorp to report results back?
    A: • Up to 3-4 days from the pickup of the specimen to release of the test result. After the specimen is received at the lab, it takes approximately 24 hours to complete the testing process. The time to complete testing is generally the same for any lab that is performing testing for COVID-19 using RT-PCR technology.

In addition to its test for COVID-19, LabCorp is also able to perform the CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel if needed to meet testing demand.

sounds like “proprietary” end-point RT-PCR. So they are actually doing this the traditional way preparing agarose by hand like @beetlejuice described? But they can also perform qPCR “if needed.” What is going on here?

Johnny just said the Old Ones are going to wake from their slumber and rise from the depths.

2 Likes

3-4 days is a long wait time for a result

Also seems suspicious that they’re not allowing CDC oversight of their testing

The problem with saying shit is about to get real, we’re about to get fascism is not that it’s chicken little. It’s that shit is already real. You can tell by how we’ve been at war for no good reason for 20 years and we have more people in prison than any other country in the world.

I swear, as long as we have some kind of election, people will think it’s all fine when they are fitted for that face mask with the gate for the rat to get in.

4 Likes

Id like to put a bunch of them in jail too.

183 confirmed cases in NYC as of this afternoon

Edit: seeing conflicting info here. The city site says 183 but the state site says 213. Difference may be residents vs. people being treated in the city

So, what happened after he appealed to the Gaming Control Board. I assume he lost.

qPCR requires a different machine. probably they’re saying if they are at capacity with all their equipment they can use this related equipment to do the tests as well.

Yikes.

Living like the Unabomber seems to be the optimal way to prevent getting infected.

Tbh I wasn’t quite sure what he was specifically saying. I’d like to know though.

But, when lamenting the worker’s plight and their slave wages and then saying society will collapse, one obvious answer is, “Good?”

Right? USA#1 turning into a social democracy would be a negative collapse in a lot of people’s eyes.

Sorry for what?

Shortness of breath and chest tightness is the one thing that is probably lost dangerous that can come by itself. IMO anyone with those types of respiratory symptoms should call a doctor to be safe.

I mean, I didn’t even say go to the doctor, I said call one.

Strep needs antibiotics, right? I assume that working for a uni means @beetlejuice has healthcare.

If a lot of people feel that way, I’ll see my way out.

Agreeing with Jalfrezi.

People aren’t trying to belittle or gloat, they’re genuinely trying to help people feel less anxious.

3 Likes

Not positive but iirc in sports betting sub they were discussing him not winning long after it happened.

I think Johnny is saying the causes of the upheaval will include the precarious position of the everyday worker, but that the result of the upheaval may not be good for them.