Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Or else the authors are pulling one of the greatest pranks of all time.

Best hope imo is an excitable research student fuck up.

I call bullshit for now. Seems like click-bait.

1 Like

So we’re back to The Stand.

Fuck it, imma head to Boulder right now.

I will need to read this very closely, and I don’t have the opportunity right now. Maybe later today

Nobody fucks up that badly.

Zerohedge still kicking ass

People On The Internet who seem to know what they’re talking about think the paper is bullshit:

https://twitter.com/skonermann/status/1223344537772290048?s=21

5 Likes

no.

Yeah. This was obvious bullshit. Just a basic Bayesian review of

• chance of scientist getting something wrong and being amplified by clickbaity media
  • chance of virus making the jump to humans in exactly the same way as SARS and MERS
  • chance of weird conspiracy to create a virus that acts exactly like all the other coronavirus and flu type viruses but uses random HIV sequences for no good reason

To see that.

Yeah, it’s going to end up being 7 percent of deaths the first two weeks of the year due to viral or bacterial infection, lollerskates.

Counterpoint: The huge shutdown of airline travel and the huge shutdown of automobile travel in the effected quarantine zones like Wuhan will probably do way more to help climate change than anything that could have happened politically.

2 Likes

lol yeah they do

1 Like

F that fascist shit, Vegas man.

1 Like

I guess one unexpected downside to prepublishing journal articles is that the internet can go buck wild with unvetted claims.

1 Like

Amazed this didn’t happen sooner: Trump bans all foreign nationals who have travelled within China before entering the U.S. I presume this means that all Chinese Nationals are banned de-facto if they’re coming from China? Trump bans foreign nationals who have traveled to China from entering the US - The Verge

Too busy tweeting and watching FOX News to get around to it

Tokyo Disneyland has stopped all face-character meet & greets and now has all cast-members wearing face masks. https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/topics/202001_important.html This is what HK Disney did three days before they shut entirely.

The severity of a hurricane can be measured by how many waffle houses have closed. The severity of an outbreak can be measured by how many Disneyland’s close.

Expected*

1 Like