Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hooray! I only have to be in at work for mornings starting next week!

Anyway, looks like Czech Republic is now up to 67 cases. Four of the six new cases are related to travel from Italy and none are located in Prague. My assumption is that the ones they don’t mention as travel-related or related to previously diagnosed cases are probably community spread. There’ll be another press conference tonight revealing more new cases.

Hopefully there’ll be some recoveries announced soon.

I read an expert that said it’s very good to get one of these SPECIFICALLY so that you can make informed decisions that can limit the impact on healthcare facilities. (i.e. - stay home and out of the way with flu like symptoms unless it’s absolutely necessary to seek help.)

But I’m sorry you couldn’t find gloves the other day. I did not buy gloves and I did not buy masks. However, I’m guilty of hoarding TP.

lol

You guys doing nothing to prepare and bragging about it are such rugged individualists. Do you all jerk off to pictures of Putin riding horses shirtless?

It’s like people have never had a fever before. Y’all don’t need an oxygen monitor to decide you should see a doctor.

Actually, a huge problem appears to be people that don’t require medical attention seeking medical attention. Potentially exposing more people, and definitively getting in the fucking way.

And when you should see a doctor is different once you are in an area being affected versus the good ole days.

But please carry on, Marlborough men.

Isn’t being a prepper more of an individualist thing? Not that there’s anything wrong with it. If I could I’d be prepping.

Now you guys have me wondering if I should get an oxygen monitor before there’s a run on those too.

I know it’s a touch weird to be so connected to this despite living in a country that is handling this well. But I do it because everybody I know in America is either not panicking, not talking about it, or is absolutely dismissive and arrogant towards those who are concerned about it. This is basically my window to what’s really going on in America.

I mean both of my sisters work in crowded buildings. One works with autistic adults and another works in a middle school. So they’re around people a lot. My sister’s boyfriend is working from home but otherwise that’s it. Everybody else I know is just doing their thing like it doesn’t matter when they should clearly express some concern.

I don’t care much if I get it given my circumstances. I mean it would suck for some obvious reasons but given my age, awareness, and not having preexisting respiratory problems, I probably wouldn’t die from it or lose any money (hooray being a salaried employee with universal health care). It’d just be a shitty 2-3 weeks before I recover. I’d be concerned about spreading it to others if I was more socially active or was teaching students but I’m not. I’m pretty good at staying indoors and killing time.

Ultimately, I’m more concerned with the nonchalance of the people I know in America than my own safety.

1 Like

You have to get permission slip from ZZ first.

2 Likes

meh, maybe you’re right. I’m just pissed for being criticized for making the effort to acquire knowledge about the situation and do the absolute basics that are recommended. Probably not fair of me, but I see some of the attitudes in this thread as contributing to why the US did jack shit when we had time to prepare a lot better.

I’ll take a time out for a few hours.

1 Like

Meh, I wouldn’t cancel it.

Aren’t most places telling people not to go to the hospital if it’s only a fever?

How many people are going to rush off to a hospital because some gizmo they’re not familiar with tells them they’re dying?

I wouldn’t go.

1 Like

Same. Scheduled to go to one Saturday night in NYC. I’m kinda hoping the artist or venue cancels so that we don’t have to decide.

Yeah I bought one off Amazon as well.

It’s useful to know when your oxygen drops due to decreased lung function, and it’s pretty easy to use and accurate for the 85-99 range, which is what matters.

My wife worked in the medical field for years so is familiar with them and we have 2 elderly parents living in our house so even if we are low risk, they are much higher risk, so knowing when to send them to the hospital if they get it is a pretty useful bit of knowledge that only costs $15.

The problem is they “expire” so there is only so much pandemic stocking anyone is willing to do after they throw away their hundred millionth mask down the line.

I guess the thing to do would be to have the manufacturing capability to ramp up production.

Right now they are making as many as they can and there is still a shortage.

Lol weak ass Germans. Only like five thousand Americans are going to get it.

1 Like