Coronavirus (COVID-19)

if you don’t got Mojo Nixon then your school could use some fixin

5 Likes

Do we still have fewer people considered recovered than have died? Wouldn’t that suggest the 2% number is going to climb? Or are the deaths occurring quickly and the recovery takes awhile?

Now I have to listen to it.

1 Like

Where was the 7.7 quake? That’s huge.

eta: south of Cuba.

You mean Punk Rock Girl, but here’s a song that I think you might appreciate.

1 Like

Bah fuck you all. Miami was a university in Ohio before Florida was even a state. The person who founded Miami Florida was from Ohio.

Also

1 Like

and he never returned

5 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

Well, as long as dead or domesticated is okay…

Every number you hear right now is just a wild-ass best guess.

fudge banana swirl

lol you silly

but I like your style. You refuse to give into terror in any form, and its intent to disrupt our love lives.

2 Likes

Not to alarm anyone but NPR reported 8000 deaths to influenza so far this flu season.

I now return you to your regular scheduled outbreak :mask:

1 Like

Does the fact that this is a coronavirus, something many of us have never heard of, make this sound scarier? I mean if it was called the happy-go-lucky love bug it probably appears less intimidating at first glance.

1 Like

I think the 2-3% mortality rate compared to H1N1’s 0.02% mortality is what scares people.

Yeah, the flu is ridiculous whataboutism. There are tens to hundreds of millions infected by the flu and only 8000 deaths. If there were tens of millions to hundreds of millions infected with coronavirus with a 2 percent mortality rate there would be hundreds of thousands to millions dead.

Corona doesn’t seem like a particularly scary sounding word to me.

If this thing goes world wide that beer is going to get a new name.

1 Like

There aren’t tens to hundreds of millions in the US who get the flu, those are worldwide numbers unless I am misreading WHO data. The 8k deaths are US deaths. Everything I’m reading about it seems to conclude that this year’s flu is worse than in years past because the vaccine isn’t effective this season. Which sucks because it will make a lot of people think there’s no value in getting a flu shot next year.

Goes better with Lyme disease, imo.

3 Likes