Coronavirus (COVID-19)

“Miami University” is in Ohio for some dumb reason.

Oh, lol, damn it. No one cares about that school.

1 Like

I assumed the same thing he did until I saw the headline.

The most commonly referenced Miami University is in Miami.

The other Miami University is usually referenced as Miami University (Ohio), because why tf would there be a Miami University in Ohio.

I’m surprised it even has a basketball team.

Nobody outside China knows the SARS numbers. If you want to compare then compare infections/deaths outside China and so far this new virus hasn’t done much there.

Ok, Kelly Kapoor.

I always forget it exists, then I remember oh yeah, Ben Rothlesburger went there, what a terrible place.

Wally Szczerbiak begs to differ.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure, but not certain, the Florida one is the University of Miami, and the Ohio one is Miami University.

2 Likes

I’ve always heard it referred to as Miami of Ohio.

Incidentally, we don’t even know yet if these two people at “Miami” University even have the Wu Flu, could be a false alarm

Yea I think it’s referred to that way to avoid confusion. Google confirms Florida is the University of Miami and Ohio is Miami University.

That’s correct. My brain only pays attention the word Miami, though.

2 Likes

I don’t get why everyone here is freaking out about this, it’s only a 2% chance of fatality. That’s a lot better than the chances of Trump getting reelected and Awval reporting all of us to the gestapo.

4 Likes

A global pandemic of a virus that kills 2% of those it infects is far worse than Trump getting reelected. If it infects as many as H1N1 it would kill twenty million people.

1 Like

If Trump gets reelected I’ll consider taking shots of the virus with an AIDS chaser.

4 Likes

should be fine as long as you mix a little bleach in there and let is sit for a bit.

(actually true)

1 Like

Wouldn’t taste right though without the oregano and toad.

2 Likes

2% of like 11 billion people is a lot of people.

The name ultimately comes from the Miami tribe, which occupied land in the Great Lakes region, including part of Ohio.

Donna Shalala graduated from a school that has since merged with Miami University and went on to become the president of the University of Miami.

Paul Ryan also went there. As someone who is familiar with the place…yeah, that makes sense. Mojo Nixon is a more interesting alumnus.

1 Like