Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Damn, thought I was gonna have to go into work for a bit in the morning.

Then, I remembered that I can take pictures of pages from the workbook instead of travelling to work to scan some pages and go home.

Hooray, necessity!

1 Like

Right now, JFK:

2 Likes

JFK is the second worst airport I’ve ever been to.

The worst: LaGuardia Airport

This shouldnt take long. One of you will know somebody who has it within the week.

Employees value honesty in times like this, so be honest about the company’s situation and what options are being considered. If layoffs become necessary, have someone in HR (if you have an HR) help people with filing for unemployment. Etc.

ETA: Asking for input from employees can also be a very good idea.

2 Likes

Homeless people are going to die.

A lot of them. We are just lucky an early Spring is coming so it wont be entirely from exposure, but a lot of homeless people are in middle age, and they are going to die when they get this.

fucking hell

For those who don’t know, Clark County is Las Vegas:

https://twitter.com/meganmesserly/status/1239308617603399680

Cliffs: An urgent care’s first confirmed case was last Sunday and by Wednesday, calls to the health department weren’t even getting to voicemail. A PA who works there now recognizes they have been getting a lot of likely coronavirus cases since two weeks ago.

Newsom is taking over hotels and putting them in them.

Oh, lastly brother said do not be comforted by the notion that South Korea’s <1% mortality rate is what we should be expecting since they have a “real denominator” given their massive testing. He said Asian countries have had multiple dry runs for this w/ SARS and other viruses. The US medical system and it’s population are no where near prepared to do what it takes to keep the rate that low.

AZ closes all schools

Not sure if I got ponied but I’m glad and kind of shocked AZ is doing this. My kid will probably still have to go to daycare though which makes me anxious as hell. Neither of us can work from home so not sure what else to do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1239367483317981190

1 Like

All bar and restaurants in NYC closed to patrons starting Tuesday. Takeout/delivery only.

1 Like

Not sure how they’re all not smart enough to realize at this point it’s safe to presume all no’s for everything else are covid-19.

1 Like

Mysterious viral infections are common. We don’t develop tests for every version of a cold.

Meh, not corona virus, but still funny

The flu test was only 80% accurate, so they assumed it was wrong and treated it as if it were the flu. They assumed it was not COVID-19 because no one had tested positive for it in the area yet. It was only after the first positive test that their thinking changed. So, if you want to blame the lack of testing, you’d be right.

1 Like

Learn to nurse is the new learn to code

4 Likes

New thread, as this one is too big