Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Good to hear that my mother, despite her Trumpiness, is taking this seriously.

Not sure how comfortable I’ll feel going to work Monday. Sure it’s just teachers and only for the morning but it still sucks. A meeting of 4-5 dozen teachers in one room seems like a horrible idea but it appears to be compulsory.

If this is novel coronavirus for Gobert and other Jazz players, and if they contracted it in Boston (both seem more likely than not at this point)…

The Jazz schedule since Boston:

@ Detroit 3/7
vs Toronto 3/9
@ OKC Today

The Pistons schedule since 3/7:
@ New York (Knicks) 3/8
@ Philadelphia Currently

The Raptors schedule since 3/9:
None

Knicks Since 3/8
@ Washington (DC) Yesterday
@ Atlanta Currentely

Wizards Off Tonight

Celtics Since Jazz Game
vs Oklahoma City 3/8
@ Indiana Yesterday

OKC then vs Jazz tonight bringing it full circle.

So contact tracing one team gets you nine other teams, so 10 total.

So, like, if this is novel coronavirus the NBA isn’t going to play without crowds. They’re going to suspend games for a couple weeks, at least… then play without crowds.

And of course, you have to consider who players from those other 8 teams competed against.

I mean you’d basically have to test every NBA roster and the staff.

I really want to hear what has to be said at 9pm but I can’t bring myself to listen to him talk so I’ll be following here for updates on what he spews.

I just told my wife that this Trump address was going to send my lawnmower into orbit and it immediately became clear that I’ve adopted an entire online language that she’s completely unfamiliar with.

22 Likes

Guess I have to watch. At least for as long as I can handle.

He’ll probably say one thing that pisses me off and then that’s it.

Call in sick imo.

Just so you know, I LOL’d super hard at this.

My wife asked me what was so funny.
“You wouldn’t get it”

6 Likes

I mean the meeting’s gonna be in Czech. I don’t see what’s gained by me being there.

At least the teachers’ rooms are split among smaller rooms. Only 5 other teachers in my room.

Same. I can’t even stand to see his tweets and very rarely venture into the Trump thread for that reason.

Literally just happened to me.

2 Likes

This is by far the best summary out there.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

3 Likes

Lol this exact scene just played out in my house.

1 Like

Anyone have a good youtube link or something to watch this gong show?

Not sure how good

unpresidented response

1 Like

Low energy Don. Sad!

He is the ugliest man alive.

2 Likes