Cool Features

I went to paste a twitter link and this happened:

5 Likes

I mostly use the forum on my phone and it still does neat things all the time.

No wonder Dominic hasn’t posted at all.

7 Likes

Posting something like :) gives a drop down with the best match as a default :slight_smile: and more… options :grinning:

One I figured out after using the toolbar, you can block quote anything by just starting it with a “>” as the first character on a line.

That’s Markdown, the same system Reddit uses for comments. More fun Markdown(table stolenborrowed from Reddit):

Doesn’t seem like code or superscript work but the rest does.

1 Like

I started writing an entire wiki about using markdown on the site.

1 Like

Is there an option so that a new vote in a poll causes a thread to bump or alert somehow?

Just noticed this in the do not read thread but if you reply is many days older, or longer, it denotes that above the post.

I just noticed this button today:

If you open up a giant thread, you can click on that and it will only show the 100 most liked replies (I think that’s how it picks which ones to show, anyway).

Pretty neat!

2 Likes

Only works for registered users tho, so lurkers always see all pinned topics in a category.

Also, the Privacy Policy, ToS and FAQ are special threads that are linked on the About page and appear as static content instead of postable topics.

I want to say the summary you get the first time you open a thread is very cool. Including popular links and the rest.

1 Like