Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I would bet it’s based on distances between geographic centers, which is why China to North Korea is only warm despite sharing a border.

Are they insulting English foods or did I just not know how to spell any of the variations of Great Britain?

You did not know how to spell “United Kingdom”.

1 Like

I can spell it, I just didn’t get past Great Britain to remember it…

Fun game, did a few random ones and managed a 15k with a lucky seed :muscle:

I was digging through an old hard drive looking for a tax document and I found a bunch of photos from 10 years ago when I worked in a butcher shop. We ran a monthly CSA program and all of the meat trim would go towards charcuterie and sausage.

So rewarding to make this stuff. Cutting into it after a 5 day prep/cooking process was the same feeling as opening a present.

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Liver Mousse with Honey’d Pistachios

Patés de Campagnes

Paté en Croûte

11 Likes

Probably not the best thread for this, but I’ll just ask here anyway.

What do you think when you see “California-style burrito” on a menu?

-contains fries
-contains some potato in filling, but those potatoes are not fries
-contains potatoes, may or may not be fries

Has to include fries. (Having problems getting your pole up?)

Nah, I generally don’t do poles. I prefer when people respond. Often they will throw in useful info.

This, but it’s also going to be a function of where I am. It’s definitely this if I’m in California, but if I’m in, say, Tennessee, I’m going to double check WTF they think they mean.

1 Like

At least 25% they actually mean mission burrito.

I’m so confused. I’ve eaten hundreds of burritos, almost all of them in Cali, and I’ve never had a burrito with fries.

I don’t think I’ve seen a California style burrito outside the west coast. I mean the actual burrito. I’ve probably seen it listed on a menu somewhere.

You have to specifically order the California-style burrito. If you got to a Mexican place and order a carne asada burrito, for example, it won’t have fries unless you specify California-style.

How about in San Diego specifically? Cali-style is mainly a San Diego thing, even if it exists outside of there to a lesser degree.

Yeah, I can see that. Thanks to Chipotle, for a long time I thought Mission-style was just the standard default burrito you would expect if nothing else was specified. Best common burrito style, imo.

Even in SD, you would have to specify Cali-style if you wanted the fries, right? If you just order a burrito without saying that, I’d have assumed it would come without fries.

1 Like

It means there is the Devil’s Pear in there somewhere!

FoodGuessr
Round 1 :full_moon::full_moon::full_moon::full_moon:
Round 2 :full_moon::full_moon::full_moon::waning_crescent_moon:
Round 3 :full_moon::full_moon::full_moon::full_moon:
Total score: 14,000 / 15,000
Play: https://foodguessr.com

lol @ the first and third