Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

Looks awesome! I like to do the same. I say I make my instant ramen like the picture on the package.

Serious Eats (prolly Kenji) tested and found that the package noodles of the same brand are better than the noodles in the cups. They even tested Shin Gourmet Spicy as I recall.

The spicy shin noodles not in cup are awesome. Used to eat them often when I wasn’t trying to be less fatboy8.

Homemade green onion cake. So easy. Might be highest ease of making to yummy ratio out there.

2 Likes

Also I think I posted this a few years ago but if you have never tried fresh in season strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar you have not had the simplest best dessert on earth.

You just put out fresh strawberries and a bowl of sour cream and plate of brown sugar. Each person can just dip a little sour cream and use it to pick up some brown sugar.

Absolute magic!

Post recipe pls

1 Like

Made bruschetta today and the only ingredients I didn’t grow myself is the olive oil and wheat for bread. Every other ingredient I grew. :grin:

2 Likes

The difference between store bought and home grown tomatoes has to be the largest in the produce world. They are like different foods.

1 Like

Commercially grown tomatoes normally don’t taste great out of season. I usually only buy Romas, even for salads, because they at least have some flavor year round.

However, I smile whenever I watch Joshua Carrott (aka The Korean Englishman) eat a good US burger, since he’ll inevitably and almost reflexively blurt out “The tomatoes taste so fresh”…which makes me wonder about the quality of tomatoes in England?

1 Like

Tomatoes here are great all year and you’re drawing dead growing better tasting ones on your own. This makes the score 987-2 for Canada over Israel.

I wonder if that might have something to do with Israel being at 30 degrees north latitude and Canada being at 50 degrees north latitude. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Made the omelette from The Bear. Messed up shape a little but it delivers. Really easy and insanely good.

3 Likes

Potato chips on things where it doesnt belong (omelttes, burgers, sandwiches, pizza) is almost always a hit. Good potatoey flavor plus added crunch is always a good thing.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Potato chips are probably my favourite food. The one thing I couldn’t live without.

Don’t think I could ever live in the US for this reason alone. You guys have no good flavours. I’ve never gotten a good explanation why a country with 10% the US population have 3 times as many chip flavours.

What do you have that we don’t? All I can think of is ketchup. And even those can be found on occasion.

Is Spicy Dill a thing in the US? That’s my favoriate potato chip flavor at the moment, I think, other than old stand bys like plain and salt & vinegar.

Yeah, I see those around. The problem is the consistency. There are a lot of brands and they are all a bit different from each other. I tend to go with regular dill more often as they’re more of a sure thing and wife doesn’t like the spicy ones as much as I do.