Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

An Israeli guy runs a fried chicken joint near me, FWIW.

But yeah, I second fried chicken as one of the better American cultural exports.

Well, how is it?

It’s fried chicken? It’s great, ofc.

Just checking. Bad fried chicken is possible.

This American Chicken place is sounding increasingly promising. Looks like we’re really gonna need that Yuv trip report.

You made this? Looks awesome

This is an arab fried chicken place. Surprisingly american style fried chicken is popular within the Arab sector while not so much with the jewish israelis. Chicken Schnitzel is the real national dish here and what you will find in every jewish household but thats pounded chicken breast covered in breadcrumbs and pan fried.

idk who you are or where you’re from, I feel like you have to try pretty hard to make fried chicken that isn’t at least okay.

It pretty much has to be old. Soggy or stale fried chicken isn’t good.

Chicago style pizza is on the international scene nowadays, great success!

That is a culinary hate crime.

4 Likes

Which airport?

Delhi haha. The horribly undercooked crust really brought the whole dish together

I agree with that. I have had a lot of OK fried chicken. It is disappointing. I have also had some bad fried chicken. It happens.

I think I’d rather eat that than the cold cheeseburgers in the acrylic case.

Good airport meals tangent: No, I’ve got nothing.

A good chicken breast schnitzel is not bad. But dark meat >>> white meat, so I’ll take a nice, well-seasoned, deep fried chicken thigh over that any day of the week.

1 Like

I was at the Seattle airport once and there was a Wolfgang Puck restaurant that had this pretty good fried chicken sandwich. The key was that it was a fried boneless chicken thigh instead of breast. The next time I was there I took a 20 min trip from my gate to the terminal it was in to get it, and I found that the restaurant was gone. So, now, I also have nothing.

3 Likes

I ate a 5.2/10 Italian Beef during a layover at Midway Chicago on the way to ATL. They are hard to find where I live so that is my most memorable airport food. Love a Beef, good or not.

Singapore Airport has some good food.

I’ve got a stopover there next week. I’m pretty excited about it.

1 Like

I wish. This is a local spot we’ve been wanting to try for ages. One of the few restaurants in OKC with no reservations available the week of.

1 Like

I ate at Subway in the Delhi airport because it seemed like the least terrible option.