Convicted felon Donald J. Trump thread XXX: It's not a Loomah!

Nobody is doing anything. At any level of government or among any ngo. Nothing. The most radical shift in legal jurisprudence in a hundred years and total utter crickets from an entire nation.

One days news stories.

The end.

Welcome fascism. .

1 Like

More to lose than democracy? Than living under totalitarianism?

Sorry, that’s not how the board sees people in places like Russia. Or Ukranian citizens who prefered stability and relative peace prior to the invasion, despite the tradeoffs required to go about their daily lives

1 Like

Here is France on June 30 due to them possibly voting in a right wing fascist government. And guess what. It worked. La pen looks like she lost in the second round.

IMG_0216

Find me a photo like that in America from this year.

I don’t disagree too much with your general point, but you can’t compare election night to some random night in 2024. There relevant comparison would be election night to election night. I don’t even know if you could find one with that restriction, but that is what you should be comparing.

Right, there’s a dem in the White House

Go look at 2020 photos

There was lots of successful resistance outside those scenes and that year, too. Muslim ban, etc

11 Likes

I could name them and what they said, but that’s against board policy

1 Like

I’m sure they said it. I just don’t think they truly believe it deep down. Like I said, I could be wrong. I’m not following this nearly as closely as you are.

1 Like

haha nice

The Muslim ban is a such a good example.

The left started out strong against Trump with lawyers flooding the airports to help travellers ect but quickly lost all steam and in the final years were utterly feckless and simply let every atrocious thing pass with a sternly worded letter.

Give me an example like the Muslim ban protest in the late years of his presidency.

This is Israel when their Supreme Court tried to do exactly the same thing SCOTUS did this term.

There were weeks of protest with tens of thousands in the street. This was not an election. Just the court taking too much power.

Like wait a minute

You guys think I was burning buildings down?

I got arrested ONE night. 99% of what I was doing and still do has 0% chance of arrest

It’s time to actually burn buildings down and mass civil disobedience.

1 Like

George Floyd protests in 2020 were very significant.

As far as AQ goes he seems like good people to me. I would imagine the vast majority here feel the same.

Also I made this point the other day but I think protesting feels like a dead end after the GF protests. Even if we did manage to have a month of widespread protests the current Dem leadership offers what exactly? The voters gave the Dems the trifecta and what was given to the people in the streets in return? Nothing.

There is no viable path to progress in this country as long as the Dem party is controlled by corporations and their stooges.

5 Likes

I don’t know what to make of lack of protests, like a sizable portion of the country wants these bad things, then a sizable portion believes things wont get bad enough to make it worth protesting, a sizable portion is too busy working to survive, doesn’t leave a whole lot left to protest?

I feel like white people aren’t big on protesting in general? I mean you had Vietnam stuff that was mostly college kids right? When were other times when lots of white people protested?

I could be talking out of my ass here

Also not sure how many young people or older people for that matter see it as worthwhile?

Hard to get motivated to protest when the system is designed to benefit you.

1 Like

I think the overwhelming belief is that protesting won’t do anything, which then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

1 Like

Yea I feel like most people I know are just like lol protesting, what a dummy, what a waste of time

That’s because it is ultimately a dead end. What it’s good for is organizing momentum and overcoming inertia. You have to move past it to other forms of organizing. Electoralism doesn’t solve anything. Organizing does. Ask the people who brought us the weekend and the end to child labor.

5 Likes

2020 protesterers not only got nothing for their trouble but they were also painted as violent thugs and looters by the media. I guarantee if you had a poll for an approval rating of GF protestors it would be like 30%.

The whole situation is just depressing as hell because i think a lot of people are at the acceptance stage of this whole thing. Accepting that we are way to far along on the US descent into fascism and climate change horrors to reverse course at this point. Accepting that probably nothing any of us do will actually change anything.

Maybe that is too cynical but that is how it feels to me. Every person who was gung-ho anti Trump in 2016-2020 that i know irl seems beaten down and unwilling to keep fighting. That might change once Trump gets elected and fires up the GOP horror machine but I’m not sure it will matter.

6 Likes