Community rule vote: Moderators and moderation logs

Man, if this is honestly your takeaway from my post and this is the only thing you can say in response to it then I don’t even know why we’re bothering here.

4 Likes

Read and jmanreading should both be invalid. Gritty is valid IMO. No idea on the others.

2 Likes

QRomo, ArizonaRonFromTucson, and brooktrout appear to be legitimate accounts with no IP matches to others.

3 Likes

I think qromo, brooktrout, and gritty are legit, though they are extreme lurkers that don’t even read very often

Er, ponied. Not sure about ArizonaRon since they only joined 11 hours ago, but yea if IP doesn’t have a match then it should be fine

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Damn. Screenshotting the DOM. BOSS.

hahaha

I don’t think the IP check is determinative that it’s not a gimmick.

2 Likes

Yeah, lol. Not surprising. But, lol. Stop playing games.

2 Likes

I can understand how you might not know what I mean by “common law,” but it’s a pretty straightforward concept if you google around a bit.

2 Likes

IDK seems like we don’t need an RFC to understand that gimmicks can’t vote IF they are a duplicate vote. One vote per eligible human should be obvious. But if not, let me know so I can fire up FakeJbro.

IMO it never got traction because both team captains and team boots both had people that would get banned under the proposed rules.

This sort of attitude is what enables people like Mitch McConnell.

Thanks counselor, please feel free to cite to the time this has happenned before then, to back up your claim that this has been established at common law.

There’s no threshold for traction though, right? It’s like discussion and straw poll, wait 7 days, official poll, wait 7 days or something like that? Unless a mod closed the thread, what’s to stop it?

1 Like

I’m good. Everyone including you knows I’m correct here.

1 Like

Since ArizonaRonFromTucson just registered, I think they should at least explain to a mod or admin what the deal is. Otherwise, either “side” can just start registering accounts right now and we can make this a contest about who is more skilled in the use of proxy servers.

2 Likes

Well, as we get down to the wire I’m getting nervous, I will just state publicly what I’ve been saying in super secret PMs all along. I don’t want to win this vote. It will force me, out of a sense of obligation, to give a shit for months to come and maybe even take another turn being mod so people can see it’s not that hard to mod friends and not-friends the same, avoid fighting while you’re temporarily in a position to judge others, and relinquish that position without drama. I’d rather just not.

8 Likes

lol

1 Like