College players getting PAID

some old white men are very, very upset about young black college thugs earning more money than them. you truly, truly, love to see it

6 Likes

I hit dog whistle bingo reading that thread

4 Likes

I can’t read the article, but iirc that’s master p’s son who is a scrub and this sure seems like money laundering.

Excited to see talented people get money though.

Sounds like he has value outside of his basketball skills, pay him who cares

Outside of racism, there are legitimate concerns about what will happen to the game.

ETA: post was poorly written.

those weren’t dog whistles, they were stormrfront sirens.

2 Likes

No there aren’t

I mean, the actual concerns were stuff like “if we’re too racist to pay the players they will play in Europe and the G league for basketball.”
Like half the top 10 this year didn’t play in college, they got paid.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I can’t see the problem.

Is it a balance concern? It’s already heavily slanted towards big money schools. Is it something else?

What are you all talking about dog whistles and storm sirens. I didn’t see anything.

Great idea

Let’s let overcashed thugs loose on college campuses

This is going to be a disaster can you imagine these guys that can’t even read and with all that money getting into trouble

These kids are going to have five babies at 22 they don’t even know what birth-control is or what it means

First of all, I’d like to point out that the idea of the team concept being undermined with positive progression being made in other aspects aren’t mutually exclusive.

We have a #1 pick in the league right now who can’t shoot. Even before he signed his team contract he had a shoe deal.

Let’s extrapolate that to 18 year olds. I can’t say exactly how that will play out but it’s not illogical to think it could have detrimental effects on the concept of team.

Yet somehow teams with players that make 30m and league min exist…

Are we gonna act surprised every time we see humans do the same shit that they do?

If I scan through those comments am I going to see some level headed, logical takes also?

The same league that had 2 players speak at a press conference and say “nothing has changed” with regards to racial progress?

Do you actually watch college sports?

Also that is professional ball. A big part of the revenue generation in college sports is alumni watching and taking pride in their schools.

There are a lot of sidewalk fans also but their enjoyment is related to the magic created by the alumni.

Does this really support the idea that college sports won’t be affected?

What is the point of the universities being involved at all?

Weird how none of the Bama, LSU, etc alumni give any shit about their place giving money to players.

The magic won’t go away, just like it didn’t for the Olympics.

This is such a vague statement I don’t really know how to respond.

We are already seeing players not play in bowl games etc…

I sure don’t blame them. (though insurance is an option)

At the same time, if you’re a utility player or a backup are you going to be dedicated to these sick grinds if you’re getting minimum wage (trad scholly and benefits) after the flood fates of money open?

It’s just not hard to imagine how football might not make it.

Of course, it could play out differently. It isn’t cut and dry and throwing out the race cards isn’t any more original or thought provoking than the inevitable deplorable comments found in message boards.

Nobody would ever do that if they waited until later in life to get paid:

3 Likes