College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

https://x.com/druski/status/1731809095609713101?s=20

2 Likes

The committee wanted an sec team and they knew putting in Bama but not Texas was not able to be spun because of the head to head matchless match up. So it’s much easier to remove fsu for some argle bargle bullshit reason.

If the UGA won, they would have put in the 4 undefeated power 5 schools because they don’t have to justify putting fsu in over them.

3 Likes

That’s it in a nutshell.

1 Like

Alabama over Texas is way more justifiable than leaving FSU out.

Head to head is overrated when overall records are the same.

For the record I’d have Alabama and Texas as a toss-up. Maybe a slight edge towards Alabama.

Leaving FSU out is just not how college football is supposed to work. Then again neither is a twelve team playoff.

Why not? It’s very clear that a 4-team playoff is insufficient to determine a champion.

Results on the field have to matter, otherwise what are we doing here?

2 Likes

Seems like the most distinguishing characteristics of division 1 college football are that it is completely irredeemable and also very dumb. So I can’t see how any strategies for determining the champion can be dismissed as inappropriate. Compared to what?

1 Like

I think 12 handles it finally, yea people will bitch about not getting in still but it will encompass any team that has a legit shot at winning it all

One where if you win all your games, you are considered the champion.

Like in every sport/competition on the planet.

One of the longest traditions of college football is considering yourself the champion after you win all your games (or even just most of them). Why can’t FSU just do that? Works for me.

1 Like

4 is fine now that the Pac is dead.

If FSU wins over Georgia, they definitely should claim crown. Feel they would easily deserve over a one-loss UT or Bama.

FSU beating Georgia and a Texas-Alabama final would be fun for the chaos.

It’s really not though, unless we’re just going to publicly state that it’s not a D-1 championship, it’s a Power 4 championship. (It always has been obviously)

If we want to separate it and have a third division in between P4 and FCS, just do it and stop pretending.

Point of order, the PAC is very different, but it is not dead.

1 Like

DeSantis’ proposed budget for the 2024-2025 fiscal year—which state lawmakers will need to approve—includes $1 million for “any litigation expenses” that may follow a “really, really poor decision by the College Football Playoff” to exclude the undefeated Florida State football team, DeSantis said Tuesday.

the ACC and B12 without Texas/OU are going to be so weak that the problem still wont be solved, you are either going to have to leave out a 13-0 Utah/Kansas State team who everyone knows would have 3-4 losses if the played in the SEC/B1G or a one loss UGA/Bama/Texas runner up who would be double digit favorites against the 13-0 B12 champion. 8 teams is probably still best just to placate all parties and give the 13-0 team a shot to get annihilated without taking a deserving spot away from a team that can actually win it all.

1 Like

Yea and if Taylor swift proposes to me this week I’m going to say yes

michigan’s offensive line is better than bama’s defensive line. michigan’s defensive line is better than bama’s offensive line. michigan has the better qb.

sounds like 13 other games i’ve watched this year. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

1 Like