College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

So annoying to lose to TCU in a game we are going to win 90% of the time

It was like the 49ers vs Minnesota last week. Every bad thing that happen did happen

We didn’t lose because of sign stealing we lost because of two pick sixes. Hard to overcome that vs a 12-1 team

And the wilson td overturn + fumble on the goal line

And to be clear about something, when I say casuals, I mean regarding UM football, not cfb in general.

I read two of these every week, this one is a breakdown on UM’s defense against TCU. You’ll find every single play charted with all sorts of grades, with bigger picture analysis afterwards.

One of the things they do is RPS (Rock Paper Scissors). It’s used to grade how perfect your playcall was. TCU supposedly had fake signs for UM, and this was why UM ‘did so bad’ right?
Anyways the tldr here is:

https://x.com/mgoblog/status/1717946499621892247?s=20

https://x.com/mgoblog/status/1717947159100653850?s=20

Even the NCAA admits that sign stealing provides minimal competitive advantage. Why else is it a level 3 or possibly level 2 at best infraction? This is going to end up with a wrist slapping. I am more concerned that this pisses off Harbaugh and he decides to leave to coach some shit team like the Bears.

This telling of the story is also saying that Big Ten teams knew enough about Michigan stealing signs to alert TCU so that TCU could use it to their advantage, but the Big Ten teams could not use this information to their advantage to protect themselves.

1 Like

It’s just OSU fans circlejerking themselves to the point where they can deny UM ever having any sort of valid success

i’m coming to realize it won’t matter that this will fizzle out… if you’re a neutral reading clickbait headlines or a rival picking and choosing, you 100% will always say “michigan cheated” and no amount of nuance or facts will matter.

nor should they. you got caught. and for a week, some pr firm somewhere lined up a slow drip of sensational headlines. logic won’t matter. “everyone does it and how much better can in-person cell phone video from 30 rows back be than the all-22 and/or telecast view, both of which are fine?”.

psu/o$u are basically free-rolling this year, if you lose they cheated if you win you’re god. which sucks. as it should.

they’re not good because of some vast, sweeping surveillance campaign, they’re good because they have nfl talent at every position.

it’s just… this year??! this couldn’t have happened in a 9-4 year? i’ll remember these last two michigan teams like i remember the late 90’s teams, ~greatest qb/rb combo of my lifetime, greatest offensive line of my lifetime, a wr on pace for like 18 td’s, one of if not the greatest defense and a prodigal son head coach who we love and everyone else hates maybe making good and winning our first, actual, win-it-on-the-field national championship…

“nope, they cheated.”

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: you idiot, spoiled rich kid macgyver, manifesto-writing loser fuckwit. i’d fight that guy with 1 second of notice :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

last two years have been the best two back to back years that i can remember, and when basically everyone came back one more year, the anticipation has been “holy shit they’re for real the best team in the country” for most of a year, and it’s turned into harbaugh being suspended for the first 3 games for a cheeseburger and this “cheating scandal” that has allowed and will continue to allow every other fanbase to hand-wave away all of that.

it shouldn’t bother me, it does. i should probably get used to it and just look at it like, “well… there’s only one thing left to do then, boys”.

Nonono. This won’t fly, and they’ll be so hurt still if they lose. Don’t let a single person try to steal the potential joy of this season. I’ve seen nothing to suggest this made a serious difference. UM hasn’t been RPSing people all year, nor the year before.

1 Like

Says who?

The person grading the game on the blog that’s been doing this for 15ish years? That was done way before this scandal?

Me reading this thread

IMG_4020

3 Likes

watching michigan fans brain worms trying to justify it or hand wave it away or get away with it

just stop you did it, you got caught, you went too far.

yes you have NFL’ers all over the place and it didn’t matter but that doesn’t matter you still did it, I don’t know what the ncaa is going to do if it was directional michigan the book would be thrown at them but it’s not so here we are.

[quote=“CaffeineNeeded, post:5675, topic:2235, full:true”].
Don’t let a single person try to steal the potential joy of this season.
[/quote]

No matter how this season ends, the champagne is flat and the balloons are deflated.

Everyone knows it.

lol zero percent chance for me at least

The timing isn’t the issue, it’s the metric itself. Is there a paper that outlines the methodology and attempts validation?

There isn’t a validation lol. It’s an evaluation by the person grading each play.

nah. if michigan wins a natty, instantly that day becomes a top 2 or 3 day of my life. next day too. and i’ll always remember the moments and feelings that led up to it. hell it probably would be better, going 15-0 doesn’t leave much room for drama or heartache or whatever it is in a normal season. this 15-0 team had to deal with some shit.

the balloons will be fully inflated and sparkling grape juice will be tasty. it’s gonna be after the fact with people trolling.

if michigan wins a championship this year, it ain’t gonna be because of sign stealing. they’re under a microscope in every game now. unless you think they’d lose to two of the teams they’ve already played had they not “cheated”.

1 Like

Can you point who in the room you’re talking to?

I was at the OSU game two years ago with my dad. No amount of vacating will erase that memory.

If we win the natty. Same thing. Oh it’s vacated two years later who cares.

2 Likes

I for one remember no disappointment from the basketball team in 2013

1 Like