College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

my twitter feed is seriously 95% michigan sign-stealing. it’s ridiculous.

like, obviously the algorithm knows i want to see this, but for days now it’s seriously nothing else. wish i could easily switch accounts and have one for different things. i think you used to be able to do that? i’m too lazy tho and this is mostly just me bitching, weird that the algorithm can’t detect overkill.

That would be the biggest loophole ever.

Pretty sure UM’s only play is to claim the staffer went rogue and did this on his own. Obviously that’s a lie, but if there’s no direct evidence others knew, maybe the NCAA accepts it - especially if they get pressure from TV to not made UM ineligible for playoffs/bowls.

I also love how the conspiracy version of this works in people’s minds.

Like lets say the average offense starts signaling their play with 32s left on the play clock and snaps it with 15s left.

That gives Michigan 17 seconds to interpret the other team’s signals, determine what kind of play they’re running, get their defensive play called, and inform the players on the field of something to look out for on the play.

That’s plenty of time. I mean you could have made the same argument about the Astros cheating - they only had a few seconds to get the sign and alert the batter. All it would take to help the D, is something as simple as clap for run, no clap for pass - which would still be a huge benefit.

Look at it from the other side, the QB is able to interpret the sign, call the play, and get the offense lined up in those same 17 seconds, so shouldn’t be hard for UM to do the same if they also know the signals.

Yeah that might be the only play and it doesn’t seem like a great one as more info comes out. That he seems to be a horse whisperer to the OC and DC during live play calling doesn’t help here. Would be different if he was an out-of-sight press box staffer.

Here’s a video of broski saying something, possibly to the DC Minter who is standing right next to him. Not sure if it’s “run right” as Xxxer lip readers have suggested, but Minter seems to call for “blitz zero” five times. The timing is certainly possible.

2 Likes

Zero there with the safeties crashing the gaps is quite a call lol. Not direct evidence of any cheating but I imagine people will keep finding instances of ballsy perfect calls. Some of the takes I’ve seen are along the lines of “If the Astros were cheating, then why didn’t they hit a home run in every at bat???” That’s not how sports work lol.

This is the game where OSU said they changed their signals. It really proves utterly nothing

Also played cover zero on the Stover third down miss matched up against Harrel (a DE edge type). Sometimes you got the right call, and cover zero in the low RZ is hardly some crazy call either

It doesn’t really matter what they said, but it certainly proves guy can make the call quick enough to get the play in. That was the point being addressed.

It really doesn’t. Watch the video again. Minter calls for his blitz at 10s. The Fox feed then pans out, which is great because you can see all the OSU players looking at their sideline AND see the signalers moving until 22s. Minter ain’t a precog.

I do agree that you can make some sort of call to the defense that benefits them, but this video doesn’t show this at all

(Also this play has two pulling linemen in the low red zone, I’d sure hope the safeties crash)

There’s already a play on and the late cards are changing something.

Which of you assholes are good at Photoshop?

Michigan is banned from bowl games this year. Easy peasy. :crazy_face:

They’re never set in that clip, as they pan out you see UM is still actually moving their players. It’s just not good evidence at all… and I agree that you could get signals in after stealing them.

It’s not even the same personnel or formation from the previous play which means some signaling already occurred that we didn’t see. The late signs you’re referencing could all be decoy / cold. The problem here is that Spy Bro is pinned to the DC’s shoulder calling something out right after the first set of signals would have been up. It sure does look an awful lot like “run wide” or “run right” which isn’t helping his case.

no

Jfc who cares

Turns out there is still a chance

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1717177082931749305

1 Like

This Michigan thing starts to read more like an organized and planned conspiracy as opposed to a rogue agent or some one off.

But I don’t even think I care if they did do did it.