College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

So fucking sad that Larry Scott got paid 10’s of millions of dollars to completely destroy this conference.

All he had to do was lose the hubris with the bullshit pac 12 networks and the manifest destiny conference would have been a thing. Texas and Oklahoma were right there for the taking. I’ve spent way too much time thinking about how incredible that Pac 16 would have been.

The only good thing about UW/Oregon joining the big 10 will be how much it will piss off USC. I just hope Washington continues to play the Cougs every year.

1 Like

it’s been ruined for a while, BCS was probably the official point where we could definitively say it was terrible. Probably that time Paterno accepted a bid to the blockbuster bowl before the season even started was the real point of no return

1 Like

washington vs rutgers but not wazzu
arizona vs UCF but not ASU
Oregon vs Maryland but not the beavers

(not finalized yet but probably gonna happen)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS SO GOOD NOW THANKS $$$$$$$$

I would assume they’ll schedule perpetual non-conference games against each other, but I agree, it all stinks. ACC is the next good conference to get ripped apart.

My kid starts at WSU in about a week. Neither he nor I care about college sports, but this sounds really bad for the school and Pullman in general.

instead of us spending $ on universities how about wall street or the saudis? The LIV conference gonna be exciting.

2 Likes

rose bowl was fun while it lasted, super RIP now

2 Likes

What could go wrong???

Mint your NoleCoin now!

1 Like

Pac 16 would have fucking blowed, what are you talking about

This all just sucks. Without any of the regionalism or rivalries staying together, it basically becomes the NFL.

An 18 team conference with a 9 game regular season makes no goddamn sense whatsoever.

1 Like

If. BIG gets to 20 need to do four 5 team pods and play your 4 teams each year. Then rotate playing all of the other 15 teams on rotation.

Which basically means it’s the NFL where Michigan and Wisconsin have as much of a shared commonality as the Lions and the Dolphins.

Man I get it sucks but can it really suck any more than the current setup?

Watching my team play 3 directional schools non-conference then have 1.5 competitive games before the playoffs isn’t fun at all.

Add UW and Oregon to the get wrecked list.

https://twitter.com/kylerrobbins/status/1687515604566122496

But here us out. Two 10-team “divisions”, the western Pac 10 and the eastern Big 10, who play their championship in the Rose Bowl.

2 Likes

sighs and thinks longingly back to a 9-team ACC

Screenshot from 2023-08-04 23-24-09

3 Likes

B1G is eliminating the Leaders and Legends divisions and piling all 18 teams into one Losers division.

8 Likes

PAC is whack.

1 Like