College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

Goddamn right

Fuckin Rust Belters

That’s still going to happen.

So basically: AZ, Az St, CU and Utah to B12, Washington, oregon, USC and UCLA to B1G, what’s going to happen to Stanford UC Berkeley wazzou and OR St? ACC maybe?

WAC or invite most of the WAC to join.

I miss the Big 8.

1 Like

I miss the dandy 23

1 Like

I just had to look up who is in the WAC and it’s made up of schools like stephen f Austin tarleton st and Grand Canyon U, I think Stanford and Berkeley would go independent before they stoop to that level

Turns out I was thinking of the Mountain West.

Stanford and Cal to the SEC to bully Vandy academically and athletically

It will be the first time that the re$earch side of two schools do not associate with their atheltic conference peers whatsoever, much less form partnerships

1 Like

It never made any sense to me why the athletic conferences gave a shit about re$earch prestige. You can just have re$earch partnerships separate from athletic partnerships, it’s fuckin allowed AFAICT

Are the bigwigs just that lazy and petty that they want to combine their athletic and research trips/conferences and see their serfs battle out on the field what they couldn’t settle in the conference room?

1 Like

Or I suppose it must be the research money that cares about athletic conferences. But still, who cares

How much do we think Phil Knight had to spend on sniveling deans, or whoever, to get them to accept Oregon into their “nope, this football league only cares about research prestige” conference?

Oregon is a top institution of higher learning. I’s got me degree there meself.

1 Like

As someone who only started paying attention to this sort of thing in the last 48 hours, I would really appreciate some more distinct conference naming. There’s a Big 10, but it has 14 teams. And the Big 12 has 16? This is terrible branding!

1 Like

Colorado was the worst possible addition to the Pac 10.

Absolutely garbage in football and a complete pain in the ass to play in basketball despite never being that good.

How’d that Denver market work out? Was it worth adding a poverty program with no rival in the conference?

1 Like

Please proceed, governor. They should rename it the Big F(x) where F(x) = a function that spits out the number of teams based on the year.

2 Likes

When I was a kid from 1994 to 2000 the Pac 10 had seven different teams make the Rose Bowl. Of the three that didn’t, Arizona’s best team in school history was 1998 and Oregon State’s was 2000.

Same era Stanford, UCLA and Arizona were constantly around the top ten in hoops.

No one goes to men’s basketball games at Oregon’s stupid new arena as it is. Can’t wait for Rutgers and Maryland week.

In 2000 between Oregon, OSU and UW the only outside loss was Oregon at Wisconsin. Washington State only lost to Ducks and Huskies in 2001.

The loss of these four teams playing each year will be the greatest tragedy in the history of sports.

There have been so many games where Washington State has punched Oregon right in the mouth and then stood over us and told us what we are.

So many levels to how this sucks.