College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

a) This guy needs to stop taking a game played by teenagers and early 20-somethings so seriously
b) He was about to cry
c) SEC SPEED
d) I feel bad for TCU. They had a fantastic season and everybody is shitting on them.
e) Guy has definitely missed his kids’ events to watch a Mississippi State football game
f) Seriously, get a hobby other than shotgunning Bud Light

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1612835894687371270

1 Like

Right - had TCU lost to UM everyone would be hailing how great a season they had and how much they overperformed. Now they are going to be known for the worst title loss ever.

To the extent that the title game sucked, it’s not TCUs fault UM shit the bed like they always do.

How do we “always shit the bed”

Y’all are just making stuff up now

lol

I get that most of it is just bad faith trolling and lolling at Michigan, but it’s truly amazing how the two camps here are divided between:

1. Michigan is not at all a good program and they should have no expectations for success

2. Michigan’s expectations should be very high and they fall short of that

Right. We have gone 25-1 the last two years

Losing in the semifinals vs a team that is 12-1

Oh man you guys suck balls!!!

1 Like

I debated adding something saying I similarly wasn’t looking down on Michigan’s season (or recent success) and that this season should be remembered as a positive not for its bad ending.

The “shit the bed” was that they always seem to have a bad loss each season where despite being favorites they look bad and lose (I guess last season they only lost to two good team, but the playoff loss to Georgia was pretty anticlimactic).

Of course, to be in that situation you have to have a good team to start with and for most teams with high expectations unless you win the championship you’re going to be disappointed in some way.

Our only regular season loss in two years was on the road vs a rivalry by like 3 points

Not sure what else people expect from Michigan

We aren’t Bama or Georgia

Beating OSU and winning the big ten is a very successful season.

2 Likes

I thought Michigan was going to be doomed to mediocrity then harbaugh fell into your laps

and at one point the fanbase wanted to fire him, boy that would’ve been a mistake

they needed the all world kicker to beat Illinois but it’s been quite the turnaround

Michigan’s had two great seasons in a row, but they did get outcoached against TCU so maybe the nat champ game doesn’t suck that bad

Not sure it would be a mistake. If Covid didn’t save us (wink wink) we probably lose to Maryland and OSU and finish year six at 2-6

But it worked out ¯_(ツ)_/¯

At age 40, I’m finally truly immune to the trolling. Some people never get there.

Harbaugh getting PAID, apparently.

1 Like

Everybody does, nearly without exception, including natty winners

Clemson to Pitt, Bama to Ole Miss, tOSU to Purdue or whoever. Georgia this year with 2 such games that should count even though they were wins, just because of how insanely bad the opponent was

Michigan plays really well against bad teams, if you bet them every time they are double digit favorites you would have made a lot of money. They shit the bed when they play good teams outside of the B1G.

Yep you got it

Georgia 39 Kent State 22

is unreal to stare at right now, that happened this season

Ugh. GA player and staff member killed in car crash at 2:45am.

Terrible

Willock, a redshirt sophomore from New Milford, New Jersey, started two games on the offensive line this past season. Recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy was also killed

Athens-Clarke County Police reported the single-vehicle accident occurred around 2:45 a.m. ET on Sunday. Police said the initial investigation indicated that a 2021 Ford Expedition left the road in the outside lane of Barnett Shoals Road and struck two power poles and several trees.

Police said Willock died at the scene. He was 20. LeCroy, who was driving, was transported to a local hospital by ambulance and died as a result of her injuries. A 21-year-old male passenger sustained minor injuries, and a 26-year-old female passenger sustained serious injuries.

Is it okay to wonder what that group was up to driving around at 2:45am?

1 Like

Yeah, it is.

Not jumping to any conclusions, but Bayes says drugs/alcohol/seatbelts all likely factors here.