College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

I know nothing about college football but nobody should feel bad about shitting on someone for taking a job at Liberty fucking University.

1 Like

Kind of my feeling. I get that it’s an opportunity, but it is still liberty so you kind of need to accept that goes with taking the job.

I think a lot of people would balk at their objections to Liberty if you paid them 4m per year until 2030.

I do not disagree, and they would deserve to be shit upon as well.

1 Like

This bowl game lineup is a snoozefest

Cotton Bowl is Alabama and Tulane?

12-team expansion playoff hypothetical (fixed)

Byes:

Georgia
Michigan
Clemson
Utah

First Round:

Tulane @ TCU (winner plays Utah) - note 6 guaranteed conference champions
Penn State @ Ohio State (winner plays Clemson)
USC @ Alabama (winner plays Michigan)
Kansas State @ Tennessee (winner plays Georgia)

It turns out 7. Clemson 8. Utah 9. Kansas State is very fateful for title odds.

And the fact that Ohio State probably ends up with more title equity than Michigan is hilarious (Penn State at home, then Clemson instead of a bye then Alabama).

I thought KSU had to move up to like ten. They dropped? Haven’t looked at the poll.

Well when ND plays UM I root for an earthquake.

1 Like

Sorry, google directed me to AP instead of playoff. The four byes are still the same. Fixed above.

Oregon vs North Carolina will be fun.

Oregon’s best corner won’t be playing, so if Bo Nix plays and is healthier the o/u should be around 90.

What would the Georgia TCU line be if TCU was #4? Georgia - 19?

:sob:

Sounds like a lyric from a Taylor Swift single.

I’m getting 16.5 to 17. Could maybe get to 19 if you think Atlanta functions as a home game. I don’t really see how they’re getting to 7 on OSU without counting it as HFA. What do we think a line against Mich would be?

*Btw these lines show exactly why Sagarin is lulz at the top. It’s way too regressed in the tails and that’s not how CFB odds work.

the coastal to liberty move is it’s not much of a step up move, it’s for $ for a university that does not deserve anything but losing 49-14 to new mexico state every week.

2 Likes

First game this year that UGA isn’t a double digit favorite.

Is the 3 seed usually an underdog to the 4 seed? It kind of seems that way. The 4 is so often a perennial power who got tripped up, and the 3 a team lower in the power rankings who had everything go right.

$$$ and Freeze jumping to an SEC job is why it’s in demand per splitzoneduo, which again I can’t recommend enough.

Over under 3 years for Freeze?