College Football 2024: Hail to the Cheaters

I assume that brings in the fuzzy “Game Control” metrics or something like that.

Just don’t see Bama’s wins as bring more impressive than TCU

Going 12-1 in a P5 conference has to mean something.

If Bama gets in over TCU why even bother with any of this charade.

Just put the top four sec teams in the playoff since they are clearly the best

I’ve been told Michigan would be a dog to 14 SEC teams and would go
8-4 in the SEC WEST so they are out too

Yes, Michigan looked night and day compared to the first half

1 Like

So if Bama lost at texas too

Finished 9-3

They would be favored vs TCU on a neutral field

So what. 12-1 > 9-3

It’s a completely meaningless metric unless the teams are both 11-1 and have similar other metrics

Shit didn’t realize they announce the rankings starting in 22 min

I think people want college football not to be college basketball, where they are kind of ignoring records and they are doing “what if” analysis when determining who gets in and who is left out, but deciding this thing by committee practically ensures that that’s how it goes down.

That is where there always needed to be some sort of floor on things regarding what is “qualifying” ie winning your conference (which ironically college basketball has) and there isn’t. This doomed the 4-team format to failure in most years.

Apparently Fanduel already has lines up for Georgia vs OSU and Michigan vs TCU

I don’t think teams should be penalized for losing in their conference championship game. Given that Ohio State was not in the playoff going into this weekend (I’m ignoring whether or not they should have been - that’s a different argument), I don’t believe that they should vault over either USC or TCU.

Congratulations on a fantastic season, USC! You are in the 4th spot in the playoff rankings with the exact same regular season record as Ohio State and your reward for earning a spot in the conference championship game and playing an extra game while Ohio State sits at home is to have them knock you out of the playoff bracket!

Awesome undefeated regular season, TCU! But because you lost later than Ohio State or Alabama - in overtime in a conference championship game - you don’t get to be in the playoff!

3 Likes

CFB just needs an organizing body rather than letting every conference and school act in their own best interest.

Have 8 10-team conferences so that they can all play a true round robin and have an 8 team playoff between all the Champs. These bloated conferences are so stupid and about to get more bloated and more stupid.

1 Like

The ACC was awesome at 9 teams. Basketball, especially, was great, as you just played 8 teams twice.

Right. Yesterday was the second time in a decade Michigan had played Purdue. How are they in the same league or same conference?

1 Like

In ncaa. When you are ranked 48 and don’t make it. Win more games

It will be different when it’s a 12 team football playoff

Oh 9-3 Oklahoma state got left out for 8-4 Tennessee boo hoo

Don’t lose 3 games

Is this selection show actually 4 hours long?

Whew. Very happy to be wrong.

1 Like

TCU it is very happy

2 Likes

Not happy osu is in, but at least that means Georgia prepares for them and not us for a month if we make it to the ncg

Also, if jsn can come back truly healthy Georgia is at risk imo

OSU deserves it. Only lost once to the best team in the country

1 Like

Does OSU bring Jim Knowles back for the playoffs or is he officially fired?

Agree to an extent but if OSU is in the west and doesn’t play UM until the championship were saying the same thing about them

OSU has to play Georgia in the peach bowl

lol

committee literally just sorted by wins and losses