College Basketball 2023-24 Season Thread

Has anyone ever done a reverse bracket pool where the goal is to have the lowest score?

Not intentionally.

2 Likes

Problem is that your winner is likely locked up by the end of the first weekend.

Who do you have making the Final Four from the Midwest region?

• Matt Painter
  • Rick Barnes
  • The Field
0 voters

The players often are in letdown mode and think they’ll steamroll some overpeforming mid major who didn’t get to play a top school all year and subsequently get blown out, happens every year.

I get that you can’t expect players at schools with high expectations to be as up for the NIT but it’s still a chance to put on your schools uniform etc and all that should mean something.

It also sucks for the schools for whom making the NIT is a fairly big deal or is at least a stage in building the program. They lose the chance to prove they were the best of the rest.

Does the school’s uniform mean much (to the players, vs. what it means to the fans/alumni) in the era of transfer portals, NIL, etc., etc.?

I have no issue with teams that got jobbed out of the tournament declining the meaningless NIT.

anyone hosting a $$$ bracket thing?

I know it’s the world’s most popular 12 seed pick but I cannot stay away from JMU +6

The transfer portal is already open. I wonder if some of the coaches declining NIT invites wanted to focus on that.

Not sure why the portal doesn’t wait for the tournament to end.

Might be one of the biggest bracket hatchet jobs ever. East region has kenpom 1 4 5 10. Michigan State? Finish 8th in your conference at 19-14 overall and losers of 5 out last 7? I’m good on that team never getting in. Same with UVA but they’re way worse at basketball by most metrics.

Hosting a $75 and a $300 Pool.

Main information is on 2p2 here.

Anyone can feel free to PM me here for information if you want to enter.

As a fan of the 3 seed in the East, it is some bullshit.

Obama bracket:

I appreciate that he filled it out by hand.

Maybe we should have had St John’s or Indiana State or like a dozen other teams in this spot.

1 Like

everybody shut the fuck up

2 Likes

Look at it this way, you shipped one. I’m sure you would have traded one and dones for the rest of your life for just one 'ship. So just pretend that happened.

I watched turned the game on a little before half time…

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/028d819b-2838-4093-9548-3ccc7f07b438

https://twitter.com/NYeoman/status/1770273303673872508

2 Likes