College Basketball 2023-24 Season Thread

Yep. Damn now I feel dumb. Got too excited thinking about the huskies and future glory.

We’ve been unranked for so many years that they’ve lost our logo.

4 Likes

If they can somehow beat Arizona in Arizona on Thursday it’s going to get buckwild

I mean…that’s probably not happening. But I’m looking forward to the attempt anyway. We’ve certainly put ourselves in position to absorb a loss and still break the tourney drought.

Absolutely. They could probably lose AZ and one other game and still make it in.

1 Like

DOgxYaZ

2 Likes

I really can’t believe this happened. If we can avoid a letdown at ASU it’s looking like our bid for a regular season conference title is in great shape. Definitely 100% dancing now for the first time since 2008.

GMFC

Fun fact: I first typed “that’s not happening.” Wussed out and inserted “probably” before posting. Hedging is good.

Not that I suddenly think we’re shipping the tournament or something, but I’m pretty sure that’s the last time this season I’ll discount our chances that hard before a game.

1 Like

The Cougs are one of those teams that just find a way to win. Arizona was favored by 13.5 and unbeaten at home this year. Jaylen Wells has enormous cojones and ice in his veins.

Coug fandom reminds me of what it was like being a Red Sox fan back in the day - thrilled by success, terrified of what might be around the corner.

Thank you for keeping 1. Oregon alive Coug friends.

Also, just a warning, beating Arizona on the road comes with an 80% chance or so of losing to Arizona State.

I’ll be very unsurprised if we have a tough time in that game.

2 Likes

@Chuckleslovakian

This is by far the best UK has looked. Onyenso / Z is a pretty good combo of rim protectors. Turns out that just playing your best players matters a lot.

1 Like

Rip dropping this on the first try after a Dukie tells him to just hit the rim is pure magic.

https://x.com/espn/status/1761418735137554585?s=46&t=fCaNk_bHwq-gDJnJcGvwYw

2 Likes

Tarmac Altman.

So tired of Oregon not showing up to any game when they’ve built any momentum to getting back on the bubble. Always against sub-NIT teams. Three years of this shit.

Congrats, Dana, you were the king of paying players when that was against the rules and transfers when it was only 5th year seniors.

Back the truck up to hire Mark Madsen.

:leolol: