ChrisV's Walrus

ok, did it anyway. I avoided using the same artist for a lot of them that I initially was going to, so I consider that a win

Entries received:

NotBruceZ
microbet
hokie
LouisCyphre
Master3004
skydiver8
Lawnmower_Man
WesleyC

Thanks, walrusers! The latter is a friend of mine, doesn’t post here, but he wanted to play, so he’s in. Don’t worry, I won’t let him win ;)

I PM’d you 3 days ago with mine.

I did. I thought i was the only person left on earth who doesn’t have spotify…

I didn’t have a spotify account before this thread.

Heh, I should just get one, since the latest update to my Tesla now lets me stream it through the car’s UI.

At first I was like “fuck you Chris for making me sign up for another subscrip fee beggar” but now it seems like I am just listening to free music on my desktop. What’s the catch here?

They play ads. I think you also have to leave the window open to have it continue playing.

I’m paying for a scrip, but have been for a while now and don’t remember why.

Free Hulu subscription with paid Spotify

Hello Kids, does Spotify have a play offline option for free? Like can I watch 5 ads or something and have 30 minutes of music offline?

I don’t have spotify. I also don’t have netflix.

I don’t thiiiink so, but if they do let me know since I pay for the Spotify subscription precisely for this reason. I’d easily rack up more than $10/month in data charges if I didn’t have certain playlists loaded to my phone, and it’s better when commuting underground.

don’t feel bad, my #3 personal association song is almost a meme at this point, but it was personal for me for a different reason…so I picked it anyway

1 Like

Yeah there’s maybe 1-2 songs on my list that aren’t fairly mainstream. It was still fun coming up with them though

My personal association song is one I don’t particularly like. I very much disliked it when it came out.

Did this very quickly because I’m on holiday and on an iPad so probably fucked up the links, but anyway…

Last call, if anyone is halfway through an entry or something - I have 100 songs to listen to already :slight_smile:I’ll lock off entries in another 24 hours.

Entries received:

Goebs80
hokie
jalfrezi
JohnnyTruant
Lawnmower_Man
Louis Cyphre
Master3004
microbet
NotBruceZ
Pauwl
pyatnitski
skydiver8
suzzer99
WesleyC

If you’re not in there, I missed it, so please drop me a line.

OK, closing entries. Got one more entry from Twist, who claims he entered “in the interests of coming last”. We’ll see about that.

I’ll start a reveal thread in a few days, probably. Walrus reveals tend to be famously slow and some have been abandoned mid-reveal - I won’t do that, don’t worry. Bear in mind that 15 x 7 is 105 songs, so if they averaged 4 minutes in length, it would take me dead on 7 hours simply to listen to all of them once. (If you’re one of those people who submitted 15+ minute songs, I want you to think about what you’ve done).

I was on the fence but ultimately refrained from submitting this masterpiece for the gradual buildup entry:

Amarok (Mike Oldfield album)

No. Title Length
1. “Amarok” 60:02
2 Likes

I was considering all 17 hours of the Ring Cycle but he said no opera.

1 Like